uniqs
share rss forum feed

NeTwOrKDawg
Networking is a lifestyle

join:2005-04-25
Brantford, ON
reply to eweazel

Re: How to connect two offices together

Yeah the vpn is the easy part. There are so many solutions out there from free, cheap and then expensive. I have experience with tons of solutions ranging from free for 10 locations, up to a 3000+ location vpn using moderately priced firewalls with a central hub.

The camera's are easy to do too, if you are going to use IP cameras. Very very easy.

eweazel

join:2008-12-09
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by NeTwOrKDawg:

Yeah the vpn is the easy part. There are so many solutions out there from free, cheap and then expensive. I have experience with tons of solutions ranging from free for 10 locations, up to a 3000+ location vpn using moderately priced firewalls with a central hub.

The camera's are easy to do too, if you are going to use IP cameras. Very very easy.

I know next to nothing VPN, I will admit that much. I am ok the basic networking in one location, but when it comes to VPN'ing I would be lying if I said it didnt frigthen me a bit. I am looking at an IP based camera setup. I am assuming that once I setup a VPN and have access to everything from then on adding other elements to the system will be easier.

rowberto

@rogers.com
reply to NeTwOrKDawg
if u simply just purchase a vpn router, connect it at your ottawa store, their internet goes thru the vpn, its like theyre on the same network as ur toronto network, so if u put a ip camera, u can access it in real time from toronto, as for pos, they are connected by RJ45 so the ones in toronto and ottawa are technically linked so who ever does the closing in toronto has to wait for all the pos in ottawa to shut down before it will poll, hoep this helps