Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 recommendation

reply to grimalkin74

Re: Not, a smart move, but definately a wall street move.

said by grimalkin74:

This, if true will blow up in their face something fierce. In my recent issues, the guys here, are the singular reason, that it got fixed. Woe be unto charter if they axe these guys, Folks like me, are just going to have to start making repeated complaints to multiple government agencies to get the fire under charter. This to me, is just inviting more problems. Instead of axing them, expand them, give them more staff, they're doing more good than you'd think.

I wouldn't say it is a wall street move. Social media is the increasingly popular way to seek support and is one of the furthest reaching methods. Using something like Twitter can reach thousands of people at a time, which could make it one of the cheapest support methods. This is just a poor management move.

ShellMMG

join:2009-04-16
Grass Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
It's short-sighted and very anti-growth. Who *are* they trying to cozy up to with these cuts?

Facebook and Twitter customer support have been more than helpful when it comes to questions, ordering challenges, encouraging local broadband expansion, etc. I've received personal assistance from Home Depot, Sam's Club (two smoked turkeys), Frontier, Verizon Wireless, Soda Stream, and so on using those two mediums. When the problem is resolved I try to post positive feedback to 1) show others it can be done and 2) justify the company investment in their social media outreach.

It's this kind of anti-customer shutdown that should make subscribers worry about price hikes and "because we can" fees.

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big
reply to silbaco
said by silbaco:

Social media is the increasingly popular way to seek support and is one of the furthest reaching methods.

Actually, that's not true. It's popular with kiddies, but it's very unpopular with adults. And the biggest problem adults have with it is the way everybody gets on there and shrieks but doesn't listen. It's like herding cats ...

How many "me too" posts does the world need? It's the freaking tower of Babel.

Boilermaker

join:2001-12-20
Carmel, IN
+1

I could not resist.

Zach122

@charter.com
reply to goalieskates
Actually, that's a ridiculous stereotype, believe it or not we adults are a pretty large demographic, and you don't speak for all of us.

I love social media for support. I've been a Charter customer for years (mostly because there is no comparable competing service available yet), and I've had to deal with phone support many times.

I have to say that my dealings with their social team were always much better. They resolved my issues quickly, whereas phone support once sent a technician out a week after we called. Yes, the guy was one week late for the appointment the Charter rep set up for us, and if that's not bad enough, if it had been the right day, he was also an hour late.

Charter's social team was even able to help me resolve issues where the phone support guys just flat out said "There's nothing I can do to help you." And it didn't involve any extra convincing on my part. I just went there, let them know what the problem was, and I had a solution within the hour.

I'm very disappointed in this move. The social team at Charter was one place where something good was happening at that company.

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI
reply to Boilermaker
Me Too

jseymour

join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI

1 recommendation

reply to silbaco
said by silbaco:

I wouldn't say it is a wall street move.

Yeah, it is. Wall St., like most of the rest of corporate America, is dominated by bean counters. Bean counters have zero imagination. (Except those with imaginative ways to... ah... *cough* "tweak" numbers.) Why do you think American business has become so exceptionally bland?

Yup, this is a remarkably short-sighted move on Charter's part. But it's typical for a typical modern American business. This month's, this quarter's, this year's bottom line is all that matters. It shows in the lack-of-quality in American goods and services.

Jim

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Ziggy, Max and Zen.
Premium
join:2004-12-20
La La Land
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to mmainprize
said by mmainprize:

Me Too

Me three..
--
Politics is a disease, we need a cure!
In constant search for intelligent life on Earth!