dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« 6Gb sata cardCrucial M4 SSD »
This is a sub-selection from How should I ask?

MineCoast
Premium Member
join:2004-10-06
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

Re: How should I ask?

The computer has a sentimental value to me as I've had it for 5 years now and it's been through many changes in my life. I didn't want to sell it for pennies, I was hoping to at least sell it for enough to cover a power supply and video card in my new system but... doesn't appear so It looks like I may just keep it and turn it into a HTPC and keep it until it simply dies.

The same thing happened with my first computer, wanted to sell it but the value was so low that I kept it... and still have the entire system to this day and it's nearly 16 years old now and still runs like new.

FizzyMyNizzy
join:2004-05-29
New York, NY

FizzyMyNizzy

you could try eBay...
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to MineCoast

Premium Member

to MineCoast
Realistically you want way too much, even brand new computers for $200 are faster, and expecting people to pay you good money for an outdated gaming card isn't going to happen.

It's not too old to be useful so just hook it up to your hdtv, or whatever. Browse the web, watch videos, but for you to seriously expect that much shows you haven't been new computer shopping in a while. Computers never retain good value, You might pull over $100 if you're lucky, and still works perfectly.