join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to TweakerInWA

to TweakerInWA

Re: Center Channel Static/Popping on Some Channels

said by TweakerInWA:

said by PJL:

said by Tarheel72:

Verizon response: change out every piece of hardware you own one at a time. This includes the electric plug and the power outlet. There is no way this could be software or signal related. The fact that a thousand other people have the same problem is just coincidence.

A thousand other people have this problem? Wow!

Probably more than that... To dismiss the issue because there aren't 1,000 posts ranting about it would be misguided. To assume everyone uses an AVR to watch movies via Cable/Sat/FiOS is outlandish.
Maybe every now and then a few of us turn on the HT system to watch a movie, that percentage out of the entire pool of subscribers is probably small, I would guess less than 10%.

So I would attribute the lack of complaing regarding this issue more to lack of exposure...Moreso than just dismissing it...

So your metric of "a thousand people" is a guess.

TweakerInWA
Optimus
Premium Member
join:2001-12-11
Syracuse, NY

TweakerInWA

Premium Member

More like "Thousand's"...

Audio quality is sketchy (hit or miss) at best most of the time. Those of us (audiophiles) who have vested a decent amount of money into HT equipment and know what a soundtrack is suppose to sound like, are often disappointed to the quality of audio broadcast by most cable/dish providers. It is what it is... And yes I've experienced the problem mentioned in this thread, but I've just accepted it as being the norm for audio quality. I get every movie channel provided by Verizon, and would most certainly rather pop the movie into my Oppo- BDP93 before watching(listening) to it on cable or FiOS. But the wife has to have them, and she would be grouped into the 90% that don't even turn on the AVR or care what format the audio signal is in...
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by TweakerInWA:

More like "Thousand's"...

Not to be too repetitive, but your "thousands" is a guess. I was hoping there was a metric behind it so I could pass it on to my Verizon contact.

Tarheel72
join:2005-12-18
Plano, TX

Tarheel72

Get a grip. I was being sarcastic. Verizon's response to all transmission issues is the same. First, they usually ask if the box is plugged in. Then they start the reboot game. Then they tell you to change out the box. Then it must be the cable in your house. On and on.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

1 edit

PJL

said by Tarheel72:

Get a grip. I was being sarcastic. Verizon's response to all transmission issues is the same. First, they usually ask if the box is plugged in. Then they start the reboot game. Then they tell you to change out the box. Then it must be the cable in your house. On and on.