uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mr Anon

@k12.il.us

DNS Down?

Hello

whats up with the DNSes?

I'm not being pushy, just curious.
68.94.156.1 and neither is the secondary.

Zer0Evil

join:2008-02-10
Burbank, IL

Yep, can't ping 68.94.156.1 or 68.94.157.1
It went down for me around 1:10pm cst

Also, U-verse Voice is down for me.

Mr Anon

@k12.il.us
reply to Mr Anon

I spoke too soon. Since we have a monitored line at work (OptEman not Uverse) we use AT&T's DNS servers as our other provider won't let you access them outside the network.

All that is to say I Knew I wasn't being swamped with calls at work and checked and it works at work but not home. However internet access works because RDP is still working!

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to Zer0Evil

can you send me your BAN/billing number?

Scratch that, won't need it.

There was an DNS outage in IL earlier today, according to my DNS source this has been resolved.

If it's not working be sure to reboot any broadband enabled equipment as a precautionary measure.

Thanks
David

Js612

@mycingular.net

Still nothing for me, in IL, after several reboots.

mrclark
What's That Daddy?

join:2000-08-04
Chicago, IL
reply to Mr Anon

Ditto... I'm down here as well.

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL
reply to Mr Anon

Yep just got off the phone with AT&T. Said it was Illinois and Michigan outage. No eta

mrclark
What's That Daddy?

Chicago, IL
reply to Mr Anon

I couldn't get through... just a solid busy signal after navigating through the IVR. Thanks for the update.

mclemens68

join:2002-01-26
Libertyville, IL
reply to Mr Anon

Down here as well (Libertyville, IL). Broadband light on my modem (motorola NVG510) is green, but service light is red. Wish I could remember what I changed the IP address of my modem to so I could check the diagnostics...

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
reply to mrclark

What number? I called 8667464551 and a real person answered after about 3 rings

Ms anon

@myvzw.com
reply to Jon

I'm in Chicago. Tv and Internet went down abt 1:00. So frustrating. What's worse is i called AT&T and got a busy signal. Finally got connected then was on hold and hung up after 45 min after I got fed up with he terrible music. Then tried doing the online chat via my iPhone. I was 84th in line and it automatically timed out after 10 min. At least do me the courtesy of giving me someone to talk to! If anyone gets in touch with a real person and gets an eta, can you please update?

chgocolt
Premium
join:2004-07-10
Chicago, IL

Down here in northern Chicago since just before 1pm. Also got busy signal calling 800-288-2020. Got on line via iPad on 3G and got to chat with an agent. (74th in queue but it only took a few minutes) Area outage, no ETR.

Why don't they have a system status dashboard page that people can go to with mobile devices? Would save them lots of phone calls and agent chats.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to Mr Anon

ok... got some updated news... apparently there is an outage in chicago currently. I haven't gotten an ETA so far, but they are aware about it.

If you have not rebooted the RG/UVerse DSL modem. DO NOT reboot it as you won't come back up for a while.

Apparently if you are up, you will still have internet but no voip or TV. IF you reboot it all goes down as apparently a lot of people are rebooting their RG's.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

sner66

join:2006-01-31
Hinsdale, IL

Mine just came back at 3:30 pm Chicago time. Prior to that I had internet and TV, but no phone. Several messages did successfully make it to voice-mail.

Ms anon

@myvzw.com
reply to Ms anon

Finally got in touch with someone. They said should be fixed in abt an hr (approx 4:30 CST) Don't know if I believe that but there you are.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
reply to Mr Anon

Also people in miami, fl will be having some problems as well. That one was a bit different as that was a Fiber cut.

I call those "Hey, jim bob, back that F'in thing up and try again!"

mrclark
What's That Daddy?

Chicago, IL
reply to Mr Anon

I'm back up. Palos Park, IL

brg

join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL
kudos:1
reply to Mr Anon

I'm in Illinois (Chicago -- Wrigleyville) and I've been on the Internet all day long without issue. I'm on IPDSLAM; might that make a difference?

At one point a while back, due to ATT DNS issues, I replaced .157.1 with an alternate DNS, so my router now reads as follows:

Primary DNS Server 68.94.156.1
Secondary DNS Server 8.8.8.8

My modem is configured to pass the public on to my (non-ATT) router, so the router thinks it's connected direct to the net (rather than the modem, which is actually a single-port router).

Mr Anon

@k12.il.us
reply to Mr Anon

Sorry, I was on my lunch break and have to go but yep, I am back again.

Why was it available via my OptiEman but not Uverse?

I wasn't doing pings I was using NSLookup.

Thanks for the information.

johnnn

join:2007-01-25
Ypsilanti, MI

AFAIK U-Verse has a completely separate routing infrastructure for the first few hops and its own DNS servers. Opt-E-Man is SLA'd right? It would have dedicated infrastructure.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
reply to Mr Anon

I'm back now. Not sure when it came back as I was out.

Mr Anon

@k12.il.us
reply to johnnn

Yeah we have an SLA and it does have impressive up time, but my point is, if the problem was just the Anycast DNS server themselves why did they work at work but not at home?

mrclark
What's That Daddy?

Chicago, IL
reply to Mr Anon

I'm back on since yesterday, but experiencing terrible speed. I'm supposed to be on like 24mbps down and I"m getting a little over 5
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." - H.L Mencken