uniqs
share rss forum feed

LightS
Premium
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX

[Other] Server 2008 RDP Session lock screen with press of del ke

Hey guys,

Not sure where else to post this - but I'd like some input.

Recently, at my organization, we are migrating users at remote locations to using our RemoteApp functionality to run a program. To get to the blunt of it - when keying in $ amounts (the most frequent use) - for example, $6123.40, when they press the decimal key.. aka the delete key.. it replicates pressing ctrl/alt/delete and takes you to the Security screen where you can lock your screen.

This has not happened with just one user - it has been reported by another just now, so I think it's only a matter of time until the error pops up again for someone else. Restarting the users RDP session resolves the issue, albeit temporarily.

Also - it is not sending the ctrl/alt/delete command to the server, it is executing locally. It's also not just the delete key on the number pad, but also the one next to the page up/down buttons as well..

Thanks a ton for anybody who can help; I'm quite perplexed.

FYI - I have a lot of issues replicating the issues, but I can attest that I have seen it in person.

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
kudos:1

Re: [Other] Server 2008 RDP Session lock screen with press of de

I've had similar problems not just in rds sessions but also on my windows 7 laptop. It is usually resolved after a reboot or reconnect, depending, but on at least one occasion I had to move an rds user to a new profile because the session continually acted like the windows key was being held down. Push l, the system would lock. Push r, the run command would come up.

I would be interested to know the cause/solution to this one.

LightS
Premium
Greenville, TX
I've heard of that issue happening - however, that's not the issue we're experiencing (but it does seem to be similar?)

For a while, it was only one user experiencing the issue. Now that we've migrated about 10 more people to using that server to primarily run certain applications, we fear we will keep encountering issues, which keeps us from removing the local application from their computers.

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
kudos:1
reply to LightS
What OS and/or RDP client version are the clients using?

LightS
Premium
Greenville, TX
Windows 7. They are using whatever version that comes with Win7 lol

LightS
Premium
Greenville, TX
reply to LightS
Any ideas?