Search similar:

uniqs

batkinson001
join:2006-08-07
Oshawa, ON

batkinson001

Teksavvy Availability in Oshawa...

Hello,

I am looking for an alternative to the expensive limiting rogers ($60 for 60GB express package) internet that my parents have (and my brother keeps using up due to netflix and downloads), unfortunately the teksavvy website at the moment will not tell me what services are available in my area (I have chrome and the new IE on win 7)...

What does Teksavvy have in my area?

I am also wondering if i can use another provider in the same residence that already has an internet connection (when I move out I plan on taking my internet with me)...

Dreadfrost
@teksavvy.com

Dreadfrost

Anon

Yes they most likely do but they will check when you call or actually go through the booking process.

I would tread lightly though Teksavvy might be nice for price but it definitely has its draw backs.

1) service (but you can argue that of everyone)
2) the whole Bell/Teksavvy stuff:
I get emails often enough taking about changes, Some are good like a free boost to 300GB, and some are bad like a forced $8/mo Bell modem/router combo.
3) available hardware:
The stock routers/modems they have aren't amazing (well still setting up the new Bell one i mentioned above) and the pricing is even worse, and getting the proper modem isn't like telling your mom to get you a "blue internet wire" from staples.

TSI Andy
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

TSI Andy to batkinson001

Premium Member

to batkinson001
Unfortunately at this time cable internet is not available in Oshawa, but if you would like to send Sales@TekSavvy.com a email with your address information we can see what type of DSL speeds we can provide at your address. Or you can post in the TekSavvy Direct forum at »/forum ··· avdirect

Thank you,
TSI Martin P
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

personally I would recomend DSL From teksavvy in the shwa, Most everywhere in town is now fed with remotes and its all been groomed so u should be able to get good speeds and Clean lines easy. Just make sure your Insidewire to the modem is good, and yet set Bell tech does to the Nid, Telecon comes and does Inside. with a Pots splitter and presto Change o yer done as dinna.

batkinson001
join:2006-08-07
Oshawa, ON

batkinson001

said by morisato:

personally I would recomend DSL From teksavvy in the shwa, Most everywhere in town is now fed with remotes and its all been groomed so u should be able to get good speeds and Clean lines easy. Just make sure your Insidewire to the modem is good, and yet set Bell tech does to the Nid, Telecon comes and does Inside. with a Pots splitter and presto Change o yer done as dinna.

Well if the teksavvy modem is anything like the last sympatico modem we had years ago it should have a built-in router and I can use the phone jack in my mothers' room (only one on the top floor of the house) hence doing thesetup myself. I will be calling or posting in the secure forums within the next month or so... gotta pay for Christmas first.