K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil

Re: Nexus Users Are Dummies?

Well figure every Asus Transformer, Samsung Tab, Toshiba, or other high end Android tablet could have been an iPad but wasn't, largely for simple things like no SD slot, HDMI out, or native USB. (And of better un Jobs ego inflated price)

Dongles are just one more thing to carry/loose.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

said by Hayward0:

Well figure every Asus Transformer, Samsung Tab, Toshiba, or other high end Android tablet could have been an iPad but wasn't, largely for simple things like no SD slot, HDMI out, or native USB. (And of better un Jobs ego inflated price)

Dongles are just one more thing to carry/loose.

I agree dongles are just one more thing to carry/loose.
Which makes me wonder why no one has developed a USB drive that has either built in blue tooth/wifi connection.

Like I've said about the Ipad, there are app developers out there that do develop apps that allow you to move files just using wifi.
I haven't found any in the google store [granted I haven't looked that hard].
But they may exist for google devices, just like they do for the IOS devices.

Sandman37
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Strafford, MO

Sandman37

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

I haven't found any in the google store [granted I haven't looked that hard].

They're out there. I actually use AirDroid for wifi file transfers »play.google.com/store/ap ··· h_result

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Thank you.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

4 edits

Hayward0 to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I agree dongles are just one more thing to carry/loose.
Which makes me wonder why no one has developed a USB drive that has either built in blue tooth/wifi connection.

Well again why go to that trouble??? VS just a simple really no cost SD slot.

And here is what it boils down to, to me with an ASUS Transformer which can do what no (an even Jail Broken still limited iDevice can't do). Download ANYTHING from anywhere not just iTunes stuff, and put it anywhere you want at anytime. iDevice you are forever stuck with that storage you originally bought and no more ever no matter what.

Oh yeah something else not an Apple a File Manager... just move some thing from here to there...

And yes most apps default to storing to stuff to the internal SD partition. But there is a lot of stuff I know I want to save bit not necessarily watch at home, just move it to the EXT SD.

Can store it to my 1TB WD USB powered Passport drive (it will power) for my Roku... and still have the space to store to watch on the Asus and delete as I do since stored on the WD.

Again its about versatility and possibility CrApple just by INTENTIONAL design wanting to control everything just will not offer or ALLOW.

Transformer with keyboard/dock also sec battery will absolutely run heavy duty all day (unless you never sleep)...plus 2 SD slots, and a true host USB A port.... again with second Batt can even power something like a WD Passport USB HDD for sometime. In fact using heavy duty like streaming video... rarely even tax the Tab batt by more than 20%, just KB, which by design is drained first.

NO dongles no need to do that crap just, a very diversely near true PC touch screen functional device. Most that see tab attahed assume some kind of netbook until I detach it and use it as just tab.

Again why pay several hundred dollars more for an intentionally ego/corp severely crippled device.

Just because it has a rotting half eaten Apple on it?

iPad max 64GB.... Asus 32 GB TF with extra Batt dock.... two SD slots (one tab one dock) 96 GB and that last 64 GB just cost of SD cards not ridiculously inflated cost for no device improvement.

Again on an iDvice an Impossibility.... but for much less cost I can enjoy being able out, to do just about everything I can at home, and for much lower cost.

And the Apple doids have never thought about it, since its always been that way (Phone and Touch), and just never looked elsewhere, to see there is a whole universe out there beyond ULTRA Restrictive We ARE Your World Apple.

And yeah sadly like the Nexus guy (and might be the corp though but loosing sales) said there are a whole lot out there that just can't fathom another set of directories (but do at home on their PC or Mac) the closed iDevices and sadly shouldn't be Nexus are designed for.

Lowtarget
Premium Member
join:2003-12-22
Alger, OH

Lowtarget

Premium Member

There is mobile wireless storage devices out there. Which basicly act's like a wifi hotspot for upto 3 devices. Which will allow 3 devices to access the files on it. »www.amazon.com/Seagate-S ··· 04Z0S7K6

Don't know how the device works nice I don't own one. Just bought my nexus 7 three days so and loving it.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Dang, 100 bucks, not bad.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

1 edit

Hayward0 to Lowtarget

Premium Member

to Lowtarget
Interesting it is only for iPads (and phones I suppose).

if it requires an App you'd think they would do an Android one too.

Then again with 96 GB on my TF I don't really need it, but might be nice for sharing stuff.

Or I could also just take along my 1TB WD pocket USB drive normally on my ROKU, since the Transformer has a full standard USB port, and plenty of battery to run it.