share rss forum feed

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-23
South Padre Island, TX
kudos:5
reply to scmobileman

Re: Upgrading condo's basic cable in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have a similar situation here in the Rio Grande Valley market out on South Padre Island. In my case our condo HOA pays TW for basic/standard analog cable TV service. We pay for that in our HOA fees.

Now in my case I simply drive over to the Brownsville, Texas TW office and rent a HD DVR and whatever add on packages I want and pay the difference. This year they have a special running and I get my additional service for $28 per month. That includes a Cisco 8742HDC DVR, the TW Movie Pass, local HD channels, standard HD channels including CNN, ESPN, Fox Sports SW for example and Digital HD Channels including the Weather Channel HD, BBC America HD, etc.

Personally I have no idea what the HOA pays TW for the basic/standard cable package.

In the past I did talk to our condo management contractor and they gave me the master account number the HOA has with TW. I have found that in the last two years or so I simply did not even need that though. The friendly folks at the TW office simply looked up the service address, noted we had the basic and standard service and let me rent the DVR and services. Note the TW service address is very important. In our case the service address is different than the physical address assigned by the City of SPI for some reason. Weird but that's the way it is.

I don't know if it would be appropriate or not but you might post to the TW Direct forum.

»Time Warner Cable Direct

NOTE the ground rules and be patient waiting for help...

scmobileman

join:2012-12-05
SoonerAl thanks for the response. I'm in the same situation, with the basic cable being part of my home owners here at the resort.

Every time I talk to TW they tell me it can't be done but you can tell they never really want to try. All of my rentals properties in this area have tenants that have added on to the basic cable and I can't understand why it has been so difficult for me.

I'm determined to get it done. Right now I'm looking at every option I can think of including using the FCC ruling that allows me to have a dish installed, putting a Slingbox at a friend or family member's house, etc.

Thanks again.

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-23
South Padre Island, TX
kudos:5
Are you trying to add services by calling TW or have you gone to a physical TW store to add services? If its the former you may have better luck visiting a physical TW store.

scmobileman

join:2012-12-05
said by SoonerAl:

Are you trying to add services by calling TW or have you gone to a physical TW store to add services? If its the former you may have better luck visiting a physical TW store.

I've tried by phone and I agree going in will be easier. However I ran into a sales rep for TW and he checked on it for me and when I called him he said his boss said it wouldn't be possible.

I'll go by their office tomorrow and find out for sure.