share rss forum feed

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: Video card to replace 4870?

said by Krisnatharok:

If you are in the market for a GTX 670, Tom's Hardware tested a bunch of them and this one came out on top:

It seems the 670 edges out the 7970 in 2/3 of tests. Add the nVidia would be better in movies etc and I'd be happy with that card. I am a nVidia fanboy though.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
said by norwegian:

said by Krisnatharok:

If you are in the market for a GTX 670, Tom's Hardware tested a bunch of them and this one came out on top:

It seems the 670 edges out the 7970 in 2/3 of tests. Add the nVidia would be better in movies etc and I'd be happy with that card. I am a nVidia fanboy though.

The latest beta drivers from both providers shakes things up quite a bit. Let's say the 670 is no competition for a 7970, with the 7970 blowing past 680s, especially at resolutions higher than 1080p.

»www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/ha···nce.html

There was a less-biased source of this comparison out there somewhere, but someone started a thread on this one. Frickin' Canucks man.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback

A friend has 2 x 7970's in SLI with twin screens and suggests the improvement with the new gen cards as well with the new drivers has settled a lot of bugs and in his words 10 - 30 % improvement with one of his more favorite games having large improvements - something the link mentions, a few games see a lot more improvement than the "general over-all improvement".

Still won't deter me from nVidia, but the AMD/ATI offerings has always peaked higher and offered more in games than the nVidia options for the same price, so these results do not surprise me at all.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

There was a less-biased source of this comparison out there somewhere, but someone started a thread on this one. Frickin' Canucks man.

Although I find HWCanucks OK at times, their editorial stance on stuff is, uh, pro-corporate to say the least...

The main site admin was opposed to the CRTC decision that maintained wholesale Indie ISPs in Canada. His readership rightfully raked him over the coals for it, but, the bias was still there for all to see.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

said by norwegian:

said by Krisnatharok:

The latest beta drivers from both providers shakes things up quite a bit. Let's say the 670 is no competition for a 7970, with the 7970 blowing past 680s, especially at resolutions higher than 1080p.

»www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/ha···nce.html

Late reply but I won't be doing any multi monitor setups.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
What are your updated options?

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
said by Krisnatharok:

What are your updated options?

In terms of what video card or display? if it's a display I play on a 40" screen.