Search similar:

uniqs
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
join:2004-09-07
united state

b10010011

Do people still buy DVD's?

I mean really? Who buys a movie? Unless you have kids, then I could see buying kids movies. But people are going to buy the kids movie regardless of the streaming window. I am not saying that I am not guilty of buying DVD movies and box sets. But it is my own experience that I am going by. I can not remember the last time I watched any of the movies I own. I know people that have shelves and shelves of DVD's that sit there collecting dust.

NotTheMama
@verizon.net

NotTheMama

Anon

DVDs: not so much. Blu-ray: absolutely... for the stuff I really like and like to watch more than once a year. Sure, I have hundreds of DVDs that I *don't* pull out very often to watch, but I will on occasion (and I'm no kid). I'll still buy anime I like on DVD if it's on sale (Blu-ray is totally irrelevant for anime as far as I'm concerned). Fortunately, these things aren't mutually exclusive.

Sarick
It's Only Logical
Premium Member
join:2003-06-03
USA

Sarick to b10010011

Premium Member

to b10010011
Well, You're forgetting this.

From my understanding.
Disney owns LucasArts, Buena Vista, Pixar, Marvel Comics, Fall Line Studios, Touchstone Pictures, Maramax, Saban Entertainment,The Muppets Studio, ESPN, ABC, A&E and Lifetime. This is only a few of them.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ca ··· idiaries

If you look at these listings there is a lot more ten KIDS shows under the Disney name. Remember they own Star Wars and Marvel Comics to! These two areas are box office hits across the globe. With Disney I suspect they'll be doing a lot with these franchise by 2016.

jseymour
join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI

jseymour to b10010011

to b10010011
We still occasionally buy DVDs or BDs--when it's a movie one or both of us is confident we'll really, really like and want to watch over and over again, or when we can get them from the "$5 bin" at Walmart or whatever.

In fact: We just bought eight BDs from the $8 bin at Walmart. Five were some of our favourite movies we already had on DVD. At $8 a pop it was worth it to upgrade them. The other three were movies we'd rented, and knew we liked.

Being as it costs $3 or more, plus gas, to rent from the local store, and $4-$5 to rent on-line, $5-$8 for a DVD or BD is a good deal if you know you're going to want to watch it again.

Jim