uniqs

Kitlope
join:2004-07-29
Edmonton, Ab

Kitlope to I_H8_Spam

to I_H8_Spam

Re: Moron on the highway

quote:
In this case, the party is a work colleague hit by the tailgated (rear ended) driver's out of control vehicle, and ended up wedged under the back wheels of a semi truck, facing the wrong direction of travel. She spend 3 days in hospital as a direct result, and a month off recovering.

Well that changes things because there's another party involved too and it sounds more serious than I thought. And I'll say it again, all of this could have been avoided by the simple act of giving room to the vehicle in front.

If there's one good habit I have when driving other than not using my cell phone or texting with it is that I ALWAYS give ample room to the driver in front of me. Many of these accidents (sorry - consequences) of collisions is simply because people follow to close. It's not rocket science. Sometimes a guy will pull into this buffer zone and unless he cuts me off in doing so (I'll admit I sometimes shake my fist when this occurs) I just let off on the gas and give myself the room that I need. It's not a big deal and not worth getting worked up over. But tailgaters, yeah I hate 'em. It's just so unnecessary.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I do the same thing, but in Toronto , if you leave more then a car and a half of space between you and the front vehicle,somebody will take it, guaranteed.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

I do the same thing, but in Toronto , if you leave more then a car and a half of space between you and the front vehicle,somebody will take it, guaranteed.

they do that here too...it drives me nuts...i like leaving some space, but idiots always dart in there...having some james bond guns pop out of the fenders would come in handy sometimes.