All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« "Umatter2Charter" . .
This is a sub-selection from All comes down to...

jc100

join:2002-04-10
reply to bn1221

Re: All comes down to...

I concur on the cost savings, but frustrating the customer is unwise. At some point, the customer, given a choice, will go elsewhere if the people tasked to support are ill equipped to perform their jobs. Therefore, a savings is acquired in the short term only to be lost down the road.

I had a friend from India who told me they learn English and it's spoken for business. However, Hindi is a fast spoken and Indians have difficulty adjusting their pacing of English to make their speech recognizable. So you and I can't understand a word they say.

Per your friend, Tagalog won't help him unless we offshore to the Philippines. Funny how he won't even call.

anon212

@rr.com
a lot of tech support is in the land of the Pinoys, I think at one time it even rivaled India

moonpuppy

join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD
reply to jc100
said by jc100:

I concur on the cost savings, but frustrating the customer is unwise. At some point, the customer, given a choice, will go elsewhere if the people tasked to support are ill equipped to perform their jobs. Therefore, a savings is acquired in the short term only to be lost down the road.

Who cares if you upset the customer? The tech support is all the same so if company A pisses you off, company B will do the same with the same price and equipment. And company C is also doing the same so why even bother?

Face it, customer service is BS and very few people care anymore. Look at the canned response from Charter above. If you could get these idiots to tell the truth about how they really feel, you would get this answer, "We know you have no other choice but us so shut up, pay your bill and deal with it, idiots."