JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to bbbc

Premium Member

to bbbc

Re: TSI West: New low Telus caps, you better roll out cable Marc

You probably know this yourself bbbc See Profile, but to ensure others understand. Telus is a DSL provider not a Cable provider. We already cover the Telus footprint. Shaw is the Cable provider & yes we do only cover the Vancouver area.

Martin

bbbc
join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica

bbbc

Martin, the point being is TSI only covers the Metro Vancouver cable market. Vancouver Island, Calgary, and Edmonton aren't covered.

You cover the Telus DSL footprint, but as you're aware, your prices and startup costs are pretty sh*tty on the copper side. Not throwing stones at you guys, as a fanboy, I want you to succeed in the West.
alphaz18
join:2005-02-26
CANADA

alphaz18 to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
I believe you completely misunderstand his point.
his point is why are you guys refusing to provide west shaw cable to everyone except metro Vancouver...
the market in ab at the very least is huge. and the shaw network has been available to you for quite sometime now..

NytOwl
join:2012-09-27
canada

NytOwl

I think that a big reason for this is that the greater the area where they offer services, the more customers they will have, and thus more calls they will receive.

Think about it.

TSI is already growing at a rapid rate, to the point where they're opening a new call center in Gatineau and training a bunch of people for a month to get more bodies on the phone to handle frequent high call volumes.

Can you imagine if they suddenly started offering services in all those additional markets? Their queues would jam so fast that it would increase customer frustration (along with stress levels among staff, I'm sure), which goes against the goal of expansion.

Growth for TSI has to happen gradually over time, so that they have the resources to hire & train additional staff as needed, as opposed to suddenly having to deal with one huge influx of call volume and customers jumping ship due to declining customer service quality.

"But they could just outsource some of their customer service and tech support operations to get more people on the phones quickly!", some of you may be thinking. Yes. They could. But there are still costs associated with that. And would you seriously prefer that? Really? Many customers would vehemently be against this practice (including myself).

I'm sure Marc has a goal to offer TSI services to more and more people, but it will take time to get there. Rushing too quickly would be to their own peril.
decx
Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx

Premium Member

said by NytOwl:

Can you imagine if they suddenly started offering services in all those additional markets? Their queues would jam so fast that it would increase customer frustration (along with stress levels among staff, I'm sure), which goes against the goal of expansion.

Actually they already offer services in all the additional markets you are referring to. What everyone is questioning is why cable hasn't been added as an option in BC and AB outside of the GVR. It would give customers another option for access in addition to DSL that is currently offered through Telus infrastructure.