Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

buffalo0079
Premium
join:2003-12-25
Huntley, IL

Just "upgraded" to IPDSL, how to these stats look

Today they did the switch from old DSL to IPDSL it has been up a couple of hours, how are the stats below? Also if I buy (eBay) another modem (Motorola NVG510) as a spare, what if anything do I have to provision to use it?

Downstream Sync Rate (kbps) 3000
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps) 509
Modulation ADSL2+
Data Path Interleaved

IPv4 Statistics
Transmit Packets 130664
Transmit Errors 0
Transmit Discards 0

Downstream and Upstream Statistics
Downstream Upstream
SN Margin (dB) 6.1 16.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 54.0 30.3
Output Power(dBm) 16.9 7.3
Errored Seconds 1 0
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
FEC Errors 913 0
CRC Errors 2 0

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by buffalo0079:

Today they did the switch from old DSL to IPDSL it has been up a couple of hours, how are the stats below?

Downstream Sync Rate (kbps) 3000
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps) 509

Downstream and Upstream Statistics
Downstream Upstream
SN Margin (dB) 6.1 16.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 54.0 30.3

That looks marginal. Assuming "AT&T U-verse HSI Pro", I would expect the sync rates to be: 3008/512.

I haven't enough ADSL2+ experience to comment on the combination of SNR/Attenuation you are showing, but 6.1 dB SNR is marginal. If you are not seeing problems, the Interleaved profile is working.

Also if I buy (eBay) another modem (Motorola NVG510) as a spare, what if anything do I have to provision to use it?

I have no personal experience, but a quick Internet search suggests that a used NVG510 should work. But you probably should wait for more expert advice.

»Will buying a used Motorola NVG-510 U-Verse modem work?
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
reply to buffalo0079

Generally the MOT modem/router is the one they send out for IP-DSL. at least in the Ohio region.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to buffalo0079

If you're using the NVG510 or 2210-01-1ATT now, the spare NVG510 will work just fine - no provisioning needed. Just plug it in.

As for your stats, like NormanS said, they're marginal. my SN margin is similar on the 18Mbps plan - I never lose sync, but there are a lot of FEC errors and some CRC. You'll probably not notice any issues, but you won't be able to get any service above 3Mbps.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!