[Updated] [Free] SystemRescueCd-x86 v3.1.2 SystemRescueCd v3.1.2 released 2012-12-05:
SystemRescueCd is a Linux system rescue disk available as a bootable CD-ROM or USB stick for administrating or repairing your system and data after a crash. It aims to provide an easy way to carry out admin tasks on your computer, such as creating and editing the hard disk partitions. It comes with a lot of linux software such as system tools (parted, partimage, fstools, ...) and basic tools (editors, midnight commander, network tools).
It can be used for both Linux and Windows computers, and on desktops as well as servers. This rescue system requires no installation as it can be booted from a CD/DVD drive or USB stick, but it can be installed on the hard disk if you wish. The kernel supports all important file systems (ext2/ext3/ext4, reiserfs, btrfs, xfs, jfs, vfat, ntfs), as well as network filesystems (samba and nfs).
• Standard kernels is Long-Term-Supported linux-3.2.34 (rescuecd + rescue64)
• Alternative kernels updated to latest stable 3.6.9 (altker32 + altker64)
• Added ModemManager-0.6.0.0 (Modem and mobile broadband management libraries)
• Updated sys-fs/btrfs-progs to 0.20_rc1 (btrfs filesystem utilities)
• Updated sys-block/partclone to 0.2.56 and syslinux/isolinux 4.06
• Fixed support for samba based autorun scripts (ar_source="smbfs://...")
• Added app-crypt/nwipe (Program to securely erase disks)