Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

1 edit

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Poor service, in spite of tipping well.

At 5:30, give or take a few minutes, I ordered online from Pizza Hut (because I thought I'd give them a shot, and the deal). I got my order at 6:45, but no soda. An hour went by, and I called them a second time. Another hour went by and I called them again. Another half hour and I called again. Each time the people saw they never heard of it and they acted like they didn't care. Now, as for me, I used to deliver pizza so rather than act like a dick, I just dead panned my attitude down so that no one would have to have a bad day.

At 8:55 the guy finally shows up with Soda, but just like the first guy, he couldn't figure out where my apartment was, in spite of me telling them (it's not that hard, there is a side walk and the light is on, and it is numbered and I always wait by the door of how many minutes.

So 3 and a half hours after my order, I get my drink. And no apologies or any concern. Wow, bad service.

Oh well, I won't be ordering from them again. The local outfit is always at my door within 20 minutes, they are nice, and never forget anything. I feel like a jerk for not going to him this time, after all, I usually believe in supporting local businesses.

Also, the pizza was terrible. The dry crust with no topping was almost a third of the pizza. Worst pizza I've had in ages.

I guess the management at this Pizza Hut must be pretty bad. Ah well, with all the problems in the world, at least I HAVE food and drink! Maybe Congress runs this Pizza Hut?

Ok, before anyone asks, bill was 20 plus 2 for delivery plus I gave 4 in tips. Not a big tip, I know, but certainly not a low one either. I remember getting no tip and 50 cent tips back in the late 80s.

Fir_Na_Tine
Time to get riggity riggity wrecked son
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

I'd call the store and ask for the manager or at least call the corporate office customer service and complain.

I also agree not to order chain pizza if you have local shops there. Much better pizza for the same if not a little more $, but worth it.

The Pizza Hut around here is awful. My mom treated my wife, myself and brothers to dinner there cause she had coupons. The place was a dump with service to match, and I think DiGiorno frozen pizza is miles ahead of them as far as taste and quality.

Oddly enough I've been to the Pizza Huts in Hong Kong and in the Philippines and they were run like 5 star restaurants super clean and with great service but the pizza still sucked haha. Being brought up with 20+ pizza shops in the area kinda spoils you.

Bruschi
Premium Member
join:2001-04-16
Cape Cod

Bruschi to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
I would fill out a comment card on the corporate website. They take complaints very seriously. And dont order from pizza hut or any chain again!That was where it all went wrong in the first place:)

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

You, me, and the dude from Jersey can do that, but much of the country has no choice but to buy from chains. When I lived in TN, EVERYTHING was chains, disgusting. The politics in the city were such that big corporations controlled the town (3 mega Walmarts, 2 Krogers, 1 Food Lion, and that was it, no really good grocery chain). Much of the country knows no better than big corps, if they knew how good small business could be, their politics might change...

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
Pizza is different from most fast food, because someone actually has to cook it. So the quality will differ greatly based on who's cooking that day.

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek

Premium Member

they don't have to cook it. they take the frozen pre-formed dough out of the bag, slop on some sauce, toss on some meat and cheese and put it in an one of those ovens with a conveyor belt that spits it out the other end when it's done. requires zero skill or knowledge of actual cooking.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
Great minds think alike - »[Rant] Pizza hut

jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

jjoshua to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
Next time. Have them credit you for the cost of the soda and be done with it.

It's not worth the time and the effort to send a person in a car to deliver one bottle of soda.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

And the Pizza took about an hour and ten minutes to reach me, if not more.

And the pizza had very little sauce and only 2/3ds of it was covered with it or cheese or toppings, and tasted like crap.

I don't know, just the entire thing was unsatifactory.

I don't know about great minds (I certainly am NOT a great mind, I'm a dork, thank you for reminding me though)...

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
Next time, Digiorno.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
stop payment on your credit card.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

1 recommendation

CylonRed to signmeuptoo94

MVM

to signmeuptoo94
You don't tip to GET good service - you tip FOR good/great service...
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

Tipping in advance has its advantages.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine
said by Fir_Na_Tine:

Oddly enough I've been to the Pizza Huts in Hong Kong and in the Philippines and they were run like 5 star restaurants super clean and with great service but the pizza still sucked haha. Being brought up with 20+ pizza shops in the area kinda spoils you.

I went to one in London and it was the same way, plus the pizza was slightly better, but not by much. I usually order from the local places here in Denton or Houston since they are much better.
93388818 (banned)
It's cool, I'm takin it back
join:2000-03-14
Dallas, TX

93388818 (banned) to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
Pizza hut has crossed over into the worst pizza in the planet for me. All of their dough is horrible now. Frozen discs from a huge factory somewhere. Shit quality toppings. Their pan pizza used to be the best.

Now we almost only go to Greenville Avenue Pizza Company. »www.avenuepizzaco.com/Menu.pdf

Pizza is made right in front of you, in a real oven, with great toppings. SOOO glad I live in a city that offers much more than chains.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

Move to NJ. Even the supermarkets have their own pizza ovens (spaceship-looking thing in the background).
quote:
Alongside the sushi department, workers make pizzas in a gleaming Marra Forni wood-fired pizza oven. The oven — whose brick interior surface contains ashes from Italy’s Mount Vesuvius, according to Spires — reaches 800 degrees and can fire a thin-crust pizza in 90 seconds, she said.
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada
MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

TheMG to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
I can't say I've ever been impressed by Pizza Hut pizza. There are lots of other pizza places that make far better pizza.

I always found Pizza Hut to have very greasy pizza with far too much dough, and the taste and quality of ingredients is quite average.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Connecticut has the world famous Pepe's Pizza Napolitano. There's also Modern and Sally's in New Haven, three world famous/world class/the best in the world according to some people, places. But you might have to wait on a busy day for hours to get some.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
Sounds like...

Pizza Hut was BETTER IN THE 80'S!!!111!

*ahem*
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4 to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
said by signmeuptoo94:

Connecticut has the world famous Pepe's Pizza Napolitano. There's also Modern and Sally's in New Haven, three world famous/world class/the best in the world according to some people, places. But you might have to wait on a busy day for hours to get some.

How about Mystic Pizza.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
What is the name of the store?
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

That's Kings, a local supermarket chain.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to 93388818

Premium Member

to 93388818
The calzones look real good. I like the use of relatively thin crust. How do you have a medium and large pizza size without a small size? An 8 or 10 inch small works well for the local pizza places here in central Georgia. Slices kept warm, modified with toppings, and reheated are so outdated.

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Thorndale, ON

danawhitaker to jjoshua

Premium Member

to jjoshua
said by jjoshua:

Next time. Have them credit you for the cost of the soda and be done with it.

It's not worth the time and the effort to send a person in a car to deliver one bottle of soda.

Then perhaps they should have remembered to send that one bottle of soda with the order properly in the first place. Wouldn't they still have to return the money at some point? I always pay cash for my pizza, on those rare occasions I get delivery. For the rip-off full price of $2.50 per 2 liter (which is almost double what you can buy the same 2 liter for at Walmart here, or almost $1 more than the cost of either local grocery store when they don't have any sales going on), I wouldn't just trust them to credit me on the next hypothetical order either (and if the food was that bad, I probably wouldn't be ordering from them again).

I'm happy I've convinced my daughter that it's more fun to make our own pizza using a Chef Boyardee kit than it is to order it.

Del_Gue
join:2001-10-03
Lancaster, OH

Del_Gue to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
LOL @ Pizza Hut

I ordered a large pie. They called me back 20 minutes latter saying they were out of the large size dough (WTF?) and offered three small pies, but wouldn't offer to me at the same price. I said okay for some unknown reason, probably because we were rather hungry.

Pick up the pizzas took them home and they were different ingredients on each pie. One had sliced olives that included a pit and I broke a tooth on it.

I complained to national, and they sent me a coupon for a free pie. However due to the rather nasty complaint, I am afraid to use it for fear of getting a pie that has been pissed on.

Anyway, yea, another food chain that sucks!

workablob
join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX

workablob to sivran

to sivran
said by sivran:

Next time, Digiorno.

+1,000,000
07108968 (banned)
join:2012-12-11
North Coast

07108968 (banned) to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
This thread can turn into a National Chain Restaurant rant thread but I will stick with tipping in my comment.

Places that deliver the delivery person learns real fast how it works with me so I would get my order still hot as though they just took it out. They would put me as close to the front of the delivery route as possible KNOWING if I get my order fast their tip is relative to that time and the condition of the order when I get it.

I get the same response with servers at restaurants we frequent too, they learn my rules fast or are told by other servers.

YES, I have left NO tip too.

07108968 (banned) to TheMG

to TheMG
said by TheMG:

I can't say I've ever been impressed by Pizza Hut pizza. There are lots of other pizza places that make far better pizza.

I always found Pizza Hut to have very greasy pizza with far too much dough, and the taste and quality of ingredients is quite average.

The BEST places have been and always will be small indi "Joe's Pizza" type, where the owner is most likely somewhere in the place.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

My personal experience when it comes to eating out or ordering out to home is that most of the time the food is at best mediocre, and at worst, well horrible.

NO ONE cares as much about your food as YOU DO.

My home cooked meals always are much better than anything from a restaurant.
07108968 (banned)
join:2012-12-11
North Coast

07108968 (banned)

Stuff you make yourself would always be better but the topic was restaurant service.