how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nrobot80

join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA

[Availability] U-Verse in my neighborhood

I live in Oakley Township Subdivision in Union City, GA. I currently have AT&T DSL service at home. It took a year and a half after I moved in to get this service because DSL is "capped out", no more money is being invested into DSL and U-Verse is not available in my area. I had Clear internet which is a joke and Comcast but they keep raising the bill and the service continues to go down. I would be more than happy to give U-Verse a try, from what I hear its great. Does anyone know if or when U-Verse will be in this sub division?

timcuth
Braves Fan
Premium
join:2000-09-18
Pelham, AL
Reviews:
·Charter
·AT&T Southeast

The only way to answer your question is by you logging into att.com and trying to order Uverse. It will ask for your home address or home phone number, then tell you whether it's available. If the answer is No, then it will let you send them an enquiry for them to do a further search. Then they will email you a final response in a few days.

Tim
--
"Life is like this long line, except at the end there ain't no merry-go-round." - Arthur on The King of Queens
~ Project Hope ~

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to nrobot80

bear in mind that if Uverse turns out to be crappy for you, you can't go back to dsl anymore..

if nothing is wrong with your dsl, I would stick with it for now. what speed package do you have now?

if you need more speed, I would rather suggest Comcast and swallow the slightly higher price making sure the service would be at par. Comcast at least gives out a little better tech support and customer service than ATT.

I had dsl before also and when they started metering internet, I jumped to Comcast Biz. Price is slightly higher but I get way better service overall.

going back to your question, timcuth See Profile is correct, key in your address or phone number and it should tell you if it's available.

nrobot80

Union City, GA

I've done more research, what I found is that AT&T is not expanding U Verse anymore. So I'm stuck with DSL and the 6Mbps speed. I had Comcast for about 2 weeks. The tech showed up 2 days late and when he came he damaged the siding on my house which cost over $1500 to fix. I know nothing is free but Comcast could at least gave me a month or two of free service. Needless to say I will never get Comcast as long as I can avoid it. It's a shame that in the U.S. we don't have much of a choice when it comes to ISP. I've been all over the world and other countries have several ISP that provide true high speed Internet through a true fiber network. There is too much red tape in the telco industry.

medbuyer

said by nrobot80:

I've done more research, what I found is that AT&T is not expanding U Verse anymore. So I'm stuck with DSL and the 6Mbps speed. I had Comcast for about 2 weeks. The tech showed up 2 days late and when he came he damaged the siding on my house which cost over $1500 to fix. I know nothing is free but Comcast could at least gave me a month or two of free service. Needless to say I will never get Comcast as long as I can avoid it. It's a shame that in the U.S. we don't have much of a choice when it comes to ISP. I've been all over the world and other countries have several ISP that provide true high speed Internet through a true fiber network. There is too much red tape in the telco industry.

and you did not complain to Comcast about the damage?

i'm sure if you did, they would have done something..

I agree that the telco industry here has too much red tape but then again, this is nothing new to me and actually is a lot better compared to what I had in the past from another country...

nrobot80

Union City, GA

I complained to Comcast, my house was built in 2010 and was pre wired for cable in all rooms, so there wasn't much work for him to do. On the day of the installation my neighbor sat in the house because the tech didn't show the original day and I had to work. She called me and told me to come home ASAP. When I got there he was standing there scratching his head looking at all the siding on the ground. Comcast agreed to reimburse me for the damage, but still sent a bill for the cable service that half worked. I canceled Comcast after a month. I actually didn't have Internet for over a year because I was that fed up with Comcast. I don't think I will ever get Comcast in my home again.

medbuyer

well...they at least reimbursed you...

only problem after that was the bad taste they left in your mouth...

watch out for ATT though, they'll have you swearing the entire time and would go bald over constant hair pulling because of issues...

keep the plain jane dsl for now and be happy with it if it's working properly...