Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AlexE4

join:2006-12-16
Park Ridge, IL
reply to WOW_Dan

Re: UltraTV "Video processor reset detected"

Just had another video processor reset, battery has been out for a day now. What should I try from here Dan?

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:39
said by AlexE4:

Just had another video processor reset, battery has been out for a day now. What should I try from here Dan?

I was looking at your gateway, and I noticed it wasn't talking back to the CMTS like it should be. I'm not sure if it was on your side that was the problem or on the CMTS side. I made a quick change, and I saw your gateway go into 2-way status within about a minute or so, so I'm thinking that issue was not on your gateway. I suspect the state it was in might have been causing it to reboot itself every so often to try and correct what it knew wasn't right. Keep an eye on it over the next few days and see if it happens again, I'm hoping what I did may have fixed the problem.
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
CMTS Operations Engineer

Mattom

@wideopenwest.com
I get the same thing except mine resets every night usually around 04:00 hours. Kind of a pain cause I'm usually watching Netflix or HBO Go around that time.
Dan, is it possible for you to take a peek at my Arris gateway as well?

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:39
said by Mattom :

I get the same thing except mine resets every night usually around 04:00 hours. Kind of a pain cause I'm usually watching Netflix or HBO Go around that time.
Dan, is it possible for you to take a peek at my Arris gateway as well?

I can take a look at it if you send me your account number, phone number, and the name on your account in a private message.
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
CMTS Operations Engineer