digiblur
Premium Member
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana

digiblur to OmagicQ

Premium Member

to OmagicQ

Re: Recommendation for local church? - 4 lines

The moment I think I have it understood I get confused by the next... what's the 3 channels thing for then?

PBX is out of the question. It's down to the FAX is staying since they need it and its also the DSL connection. The two lines will be replaced by a SPA2000 I already have. The router is being replaced with one that has QOS capabilities. Shouldn't have an issue here as now I only need 90*2 out of the 512 up. I found out the back building is actually on the phone extension system that has the two lines. Makes this sooo much easier.

So let me clear this up. I'm looking for a provider that I can port my number, Call Centric says yes to my number. Then basically have that number ring line 1, if busy ring line 2, if busy too then ring the voicemail. Outbound would be necessary with about 1000 minutes per month. Line 1 and Line 2 would share this 1000 bucket and be able to call out at the same time. Voicemail would be required and would be great if it went to email or a webpage(not required). Kinda looks like CallCentric can do this. Might have to do a trial run on this or contact someone at CallCentric.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by digiblur:

The moment I think I have it understood I get confused by the next... what's the 3 channels thing for then?

3 channels means that you can have 3 concurrent incoming calls. Many DECT IP phone bases can handle 2 or more concurrent calls.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to digiblur

Premium Member

to digiblur
Sounds like the answer to your questions is yes, and I am a big supporter of CallCentric.

And the CC Office Unlimited Inbound plan is a good deal.

Also, choosing your outbound service and choosing your inbound service just means that you have freedom to customize.

When you said [Trying to grasp the setup here as I've never used a separate account type setup for inbound and outbound], I really don't know what you mean.

It's one account. (Voip.MS and Anveo and others work the same way).

When you go to a restaurant, the waiter asks you what kind of appetizer you want, and what kind of main course. That doesn't make it into two separate meals. It's one meal, and you'll pay one bill at the end.

But I do need to say:

*With my present equipment (using basic IP phones), all I have to do is register the CC account on ONE port. Even though multiple calls can be handled at the same time, I have only registered one account, one time. The phone handles multiple calls automatically. I do [not] know if your SPA-2000 ATA works the same way. [That] could be an issue, also how your ATA interacts with your current phone.

*Also, as someone else said, if you do need [more than one registration] then a provider with subaccounts would be easier.

----------------------------------

Do NOT port your number to ANYONE until you have tried out their service and are happy with it. CC themselves suggest this, in fact.

You can TEST the service for very little money.

You can get a New York phone number for free. And although that may sound strange, this is just for you to TEST things out.

So you would sign up for CC:
»www.callcentric.com/products/

For the outbound plan, choose [Pay Per Call]. You can CHANGE this LATER at any time, we're just testing.

For the inbound plan, choose [Free Phone Number]. Again, this is just for TESTING, they will not force you to start talking like a New Yorker.

Your costs for the TEST are going to be:

1) Whatever outbound calls you made for testing, even one hour of outbound calls on the [Pay Per Call] plan is just about one dollar. There's no setup fee on that plan.

2) Inbound (using the free NY phone number for TESTING) is free, and no setup fee on that plan either. You can call the test number using your cellphone, your cellphone company doesn't care if you are calling to New Orleans or New York.

3) To keep things kosher , you do need to set up 911, that's 1.50 a month and one-time setup of 1.50.

So:

BEFORE porting your number, you can TEST CallCentric for a total of FOUR DOLLARS.

If you put in five bucks to start, and you're not happy, they'll refund your other dollar.

If you are happy, you can port your number, change the outbound and inbound plans, etc.

(And just give back the free NY number. Unless your church wants to keep it, to advertise that they even have a NY number to encourage sinners to call).