how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bryant313

join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV
reply to jh20001

Re: [NV] Cox speed vs competition vs cost (Cox is slow)

yeah it seems that not only are annual speed increase present but same with annual price increases (not picking on Cox here a lot of isp's do this)

seems every year Americas internet gets slightly better but more expensive

for the prices we pay our services should be 50x better

seems google has the right idea with their google fiber project
no caps
1000mbps up
1000mbps down
tablet pc as your remote
cable boxes also wifi hot spots
low prices very low

only down side you have to pay install fee but its worth it if you ask me

jh20001
TheSaint

join:2012-11-18
Las Vegas, NV

said by bryant313:

yeah it seems that not only are annual speed increase present but same with annual price increases (not picking on Cox here a lot of isp's do this)

no caps
1000mbps up
1000mbps down
tablet pc as your remote
low prices very low

Install fee is more than worth it. I'd be all over that.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

said by jh20001:

said by bryant313:

no caps
1000mbps up
1000mbps down
tablet pc as your remote
low prices very low

Install fee is more than worth it. I'd be all over that.

only downside is 99.99999999999% of areas cant get google fibre so its a m00t point.
--
Despises any post with strings.

jh20001
TheSaint

Las Vegas, NV

Just got the confirmation that Cox is raising prices on the 15th. As if the price of "too much" wasn't enough as it is. I'm definitely dropping TV for cox. I'm out....and as soon as I find a competitive offer for internet, I am out of that as well.

Also, no guarantee of speed upgrades....just a price hike.

Needleinthha

join:2009-11-30

said by jh20001:

and as soon as I find a competitive offer for internet, I am out of that as well.

Riiight. Good luck with that. Let's see, you can go with CenturyLink and get maybe 6mbps down/1mbps up if youre lucky or you can go with LTE and get a whopping 3 gigs/month included and get charged $10/gig after that (or if like you said you're grandfathered into "unlimited" then after 3gigs your connection grinds to a crawl). I like how you're so angry and going to drop them but dont seem to mention any good actual viable, practical alternatives....

I agree there are alternatives to TV...Hell, I have a roku with netflix, hulu, bit torrent, OTA antenna and then stream sports over the internet and I really dont miss cable at all or the $80/month-ish bill. But as for internet, there really arent any options to Cox that don't have major problems

jh20001
TheSaint

Las Vegas, NV

Your argument has no wait to me. Just because there isn't a good competitor *yet* in Vegas, doesn't mean it fully justifies Cox's actions of ripping people off. I used to swear by them when they were fair and always pushing ahead. Now they don't care...they squat and it keep increasing the price even though they are already making a fortune with their over-priced services.

Also, once again I have yet to be throttled in any way on my cellphone. I am constantly streaming both audio and video all the time and have gone over 3gigs a number of times thus far and haven't had my connection throttled.

I hear nothing but excuses. As a people we fight more among each other than against the cause. Just like the government. We spend more time arguing and bickering with each other about something we don't agree with than we do actually doing something about. I personally would rather do something about it. Take action.

So therefore, instead of simply complaining about what I don't agree with, I am also taking action. I have voiced my opinion and have started to drop service. After discussing it with my brother he has done the same both for his house and is canceling TV at the office (going with online services instead). My parents are talking about canceling at their house as well since they mostly watch movies and rarely TV, so there is no point for them to pay more than top dollar for something they don't hardly use. So far a friend has also considered it and I am sure there will be more.

If you mistreat your customers, you will lose customers. As for you, if you prefer to spend all your time debating me in their defense, well then more power to you. You are nothing more than a mere tool to the system and obviously have no issue with giving away everything you earn for little value and have little care towards standing up for yourself. (no offense is intended...simply trying to point out reality).

Nothing will ever be cone about anything unless everyone stands together and says "enough".