spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jda71

@toricalsociety.org

[Connectivity] Comcast is killing me! HELP!

Two months ago, we started losing our Internet connection (Comcast). It would work for a while, and then would not! Frequency of this happening ranges from a dozen times a day to every 5 minutes currently. I thought it might be our wireless router so went out and bought a new one. Problem still existed! Decided to try a Comcast wireless router/modem but still had the problem. Called to have a tech come out and he found nothing wrong with the router or the wiring to the computer. He called his people to arrange to have a new line put in from the street if there was no problem at the pole. The thought was that the line from the street might be an issue due to its length, and that last spring ATT used this same conduit for their line to my house. They broke into it part way, went under my driveway, and then breakout of it near the house. ATT told me at the time that they do this all the time!
TVs still work even with the interruption with Internet service.
Now here is where my problem really is! COMCAST!!
When the tech was here, he placed the order for the underground folks to come out and access the situation and then they would give me a call. NEVER SHOWED UP OR CALLED!
Called Comcast a few days later. THEY HAD NO RECORD!
Called the tech back on his personal cell. Said he would place the order again and then call me back. NEVER CALLED ME BACK!
Called Comcast again. THEY STILL HAD NO RECORD AND COULDN’T PUT ME IN TOUCH WITH ANYONE THAT COULD HELP!
Decided to drive to a Comcast office a couple of towns over. They looked it up and found NO RECORD OF ANY OF THIS! She then sent a communication to a Field Supervisor. He was to contact me within 3 days. NO CONTACT WAS MADE!!
What is with these people! Are they all incompetent! Never a returned phone call from any of these folks! (Let alone getting my Internet back!)
Does anyone have any thoughts on where I go from here? Any back-door phone numbers to folks in charge at Comcast? I don’t know if I am angrier at their inability to fix the problem, or at their lack of interest in tackling it!
Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks.

samk

join:2012-11-05

I think the first step is to call CS again and get a case number. With the issues I had recently the tech was able to look back over everything that had been done.

You can also make an account here and post in the Comcast Direct forum.

Gerard1234

join:2012-04-03

1 recommendation

reply to jda71

Use the Comcast direct here in the forums worked for me.

flwpwr

@comcast.net
reply to jda71

for here, post signals, for anywhere else, if they do not show, go to the federal trade commission website and file a complaint through it it will redirect you to thee appropriate entity [the FCC] and they will contact the corporate office with a nice form letter about mediating a trial, someone will then call you to help you out, takes about a month total though. In the mean time you can keep calling them.

I'd recommend posting signal here becasue of you go the other route and its your fault they are going to charge you.

Streetlight

join:2005-11-07
Colorado Springs, CO
reply to jda71

For help in these forums, post the information discussed in the link:

»Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »How To Get Help!

You should also contact Comcast Steve at:

»Comcast Direct

Reports in these forums indicate excellent results when contacting Comcast Steve in the comcastdirect forum
--
There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.

Sherlock Holmes in
The Boscombe Valley Mystery
A. C. Doyle
Strand Magazine, October 1891

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1
reply to jda71

I would post your location too, somebody in your area might be able to help
--

dmk08809

join:2001-09-08
Clinton, NJ
reply to jda71

jda71, Believe me - I feel and know your pain.

jda71

@comcast.net

Well, after all this the problem seems to be where my cable taps in at the pole. Hey, only took a month! Oh, wait a minute. It's still not fixed! They say in a week! We will see.....