share rss forum feed

mgraves1
Premium
join:2004-04-05
Houston, TX
reply to sarahportman

Re: What's the best SIP VOIP phone?

said by sarahportman:

I also have the same concern since my boss wants this kind of phone and its features are said to be great when it comes to calls. I've read a lot of choice from this forum and a someone has to say about what they are using. So what is really the best?

What's the best car? Boat? Motorcycle? There are too many aspects to be considered to say that any one make/model is the best for everyone.

I like Polycom SIP phones. I used a Polycom Soundpoint IP650 for years. More recently I use a Polycom VVX-600. They are not the cheapest, but they work very, very well, are well supported, have a ton of features. Heck, they even feel good in the hand.

Are they the best? They're the best for my applications. You'll need to make your own decision based upon your framework of priorities and sensibilities.

If the choice of phone is really important just buy one to try. You can't beat laying hands on, even showing it to your co-workers, to generate consensus of opinion. If it's not suitable you can always resell it on Ebay.
--
Michael Graves
Houston TX
»www.mgraves.org