uniqs

TSI Andy
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

TSI Andy to Gnexus01

Premium Member

to Gnexus01

Re: [Cable] Overlaping Service with Rogers ?

Back to the above question, Are you in an apartment or a house?

If a house, we could proceed with installing the additional service so you both have your own services.

If your in an apartment, the chances of being able to have two connections in one unit are unlikely.

Thank you
TSI Martin P

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

The reason a house is easier.. You can always just add "basement apartment" to the address". There is nothing technically important about two separate cable lines, it is all about the bureaucracy. With an apartment, it is harder to make up a different address, so if the Rogers order processor is picky they will say "you already have service, go away".

Gnexus01
join:2012-12-05
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01 to TSI Andy

to TSI Andy
It's a House I live in.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Hi Gnexus01,

If you live in a house it definitely will be easier to have a second service if you wish to go that way. Now if you rent the house make sure that you have a letter from your landlord authorizing to drill if they need to install an additional jack. Also, if it is the case can you PM me TSI Jonathan See Profile your account information as we would need to advise our Vendor that when they come out they will need to be ready to install the additional jack if necessary. I'll check up on your order at the same time and make sure everything is good to go.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

I will try to remember to call them up tomorrow (later today) and get my Accnt number.
Gnexus01

Gnexus01

I take it nothing can be done ? I sent off the PM but never got a reply back..

anychance
@bell.ca

anychance

Anon

anychace you hang on the the guy/gals modem that is moving out till the tranisition is complete...chances are they might be in some similiar situation to wherever they are moving and leaving the modem behind for a bit while you get set up with tek would be an option

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

I don't believe he is taking the service with him, he is moving outside the city. He does own the modem, however the service will not be active when they come over. I should call Tech Savvy and see if I get the same answer I did the last time, about the overlapping.
Gnexus01

Gnexus01

I called them back, and they changed the order to a transfer. They said this way, a tech wouldn't need to come out. It would be just a matter of the modem going online.