how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jeffrez

join:2012-10-28
Jefferson, GA

tech level 2 called -Jefferson Ga area

Not sure why they called me out of the blue?
I am told that my area is at full capacity and it's a latency issue.
The tech rep said Dec 31 is the date to expect it to improve.

Something tells me I will be updating this post Jan 1st with bad results

Trying to be positive but I have just lost trust in WS....

Jeffrez

join:2012-10-28
Jefferson, GA
I was on hold for a while but wanted to mention that the level 2 tech guy connected me to the business office, and he added good notes to my account. They are giving me 6 months of $10 off. I am thankful for that but honestly I would rather pay full price and have internet ya know......

cwine

join:2011-04-05
Little Hocking, OH
reply to Jeffrez
I got the $10 reduction too, seems to be standard procedure to pacify the customers for a while...doesn't really work for me.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the data caps on satellite net, I'd be giving them a call. I'm paying WS almost $90 for nothing, might as well pay another $30 to get dedicated service. Problem is, once you hit cap, you are throttled down to almost nothing. How convenient, that's how it feels all the time right now...

Bodybagger
Premium
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Jeffrez
Wtf they tell you Dec 31st as well? Hahah how in the hell are they going to suddenly have all these issues magically fixed for everyone spread across the US on Dec 31st? The damn Mayan calender ending so the end of the world on the 21st... so in 10 days everyone would've killed each other or other craziness so congratz, your internetz are working fine because everyone is dead and no more congestion. lolll

cwine

join:2011-04-05
Little Hocking, OH
reply to Jeffrez
HAHA love it...that's probably what they are banking on...

...or wait, maybe they are hoping enough people will just cancel their service so then they won't have to upgrade equipment!!

Slipen

join:2010-04-18
Cairo, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Bodybagger
I can go ahead and tell you, the Dec 31st ETR is a pipe dream. Windstream is going to be celebrating with your money come New Years Eve and laughing about how they are swindling thousands of customers out of millions of dollars. I was told two years ago mine would be fixed in June of that year. Here we are 2 years later and my ETR has changed to Jan 31st now from Dec 31st, it was June of this year back in January.

I recommend you contact your consumers affairs office in your state. The BBB and PSC are worthless as is WS's unresolved complaint line. Call or write your attorney general and tell them what Windstream is doing to you. How you are getting charged for 3,6,12mbps connection and only receiving 1-10% of that. Also tell them that Windstream continues to sell DSL on lines they know can't support more people without the current customers suffering.

malianx

join:2012-11-24
Clarendon, TX
You can call and report all you want, but they only promise you a connection for some of the day, and only 'up to... Xmbit', so there is no actual crime involved. Just amorality.

Maar

join:2009-04-09
Story, AR
reply to Jeffrez
I am on my second year of the $10 dollar a month discount for shit service. Worthless POS company.

NW_AR

join:2010-02-16
Fayetteville, AR
reply to Jeffrez
Lol, they told me that same date, over a year ago. Come 12/31, the date will change to April, then July, then 12/31 again. I've been hearing this song and dance for years. At some point they'll get the speeds OK for a few months, and then it'll start all over again with the slowdowns. I've gone thru this year after year, for the 6+ years I've been on wind stream.

If you have an option, switch providers. If not just accept wind stream will never resolve the issue.

malianx

join:2012-11-24
Clarendon, TX
Yeah, I'm pretty close to just paying my way out, which I shouldn't have to do either -.-

I'll have to retire though, I work from home and require the net. Too bad they are leaving me with zero options.