LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

nunya to w1ve

MVM

to w1ve

Re: [Asterisk] What about Flowroute for faxing?

Well, I wouldn't exactly call it "hell-bent". I did use Vitelity's vFax for a while. It worked most of the time, but I did not care for their "applet" to send faxes. It also left you guessing - did my fax go through? I had a few fail, and there was never any indication unless I logged into the portal to check. Often after getting the phone call "I thought you were going to fax that yesterday...".

I like being able to fax from "in program". With the Incredible FAX 2.0, I can do that. I haven't found any thing else where the fax "behaves" like a network printer.

I'm still trying to find out, definitively, if T.38 will even integrate properly with Asterisk and Hylafax. There's a lot of conflicting information out there concerning Asterisk 1.8 and T.38.
w1ve
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Hancock, NH

w1ve

Premium Member

said by nunya:

Well, I wouldn't exactly call it "hell-bent". I did use Vitelity's vFax for a while. It worked most of the time, but I did not care for their "applet" to send faxes. It also left you guessing - did my fax go through? I had a few fail, and there was never any indication unless I logged into the portal to check. Often after getting the phone call "I thought you were going to fax that yesterday...".

I like being able to fax from "in program". With the Incredible FAX 2.0, I can do that. I haven't found any thing else where the fax "behaves" like a network printer.

I'm still trying to find out, definitively, if T.38 will even integrate properly with Asterisk and Hylafax. There's a lot of conflicting information out there concerning Asterisk 1.8 and T.38.

Understood. I'm a proud PIAF supporter and user... I just don't trust T.38 from ANY provider.. it just "sucks". Like you, I'd like great T.38 to work with Hylafax... but it always seems to not quite be there... kinda like GV support in Asterisk. (Where I use YIAF to solve that issue).
nathana
Premium Member
join:2004-05-27
Moscow, ID

nathana to nunya

Premium Member

to nunya
said by nunya:

I don't use Hylafax so I can't really speak to that, but we are using Asterisk 1.8 and T.38 passthrough works great. We often have it going ATA <-> Asterisk <-> Asterisk <-> provider (yes, 2 * servers back-to-back) and very few problems to speak of (and none that I could attribute directly to Asterisk itself).

I don't think that Asterisk 1.8 can act as a T.38 gateway, though...you'll either need extra software licensed from Digium to do that, or go to Asterisk 10.

-- Nathan