All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to Bestman

to Bestman

Re: [Internet] Sagemcom 2864 port fowarding no longer working?!?

said by Bestman:

Well... No, I haven't tried that. Are there some settings for the TV that will be lost, or is it risk-free?
Thanks

No idea on that part... sorry.

Rigor_M
join:2010-09-26
Quebec, QC

Rigor_M to Bestman

to Bestman
check the config you have.. regarding the TV side of things, theres only 2 drop box, one on choosing "ethernet" and the other "DHCP"

take a snapshot of every possible page. if it dosent work, just redo the settings.
Bestman
join:2005-04-05
Quebec, QC

Bestman

How about the default password? Anyone knows what that will be after a reset?
Also... I now realize that if I don't use the PPPoE credentials on the Sagemcom, We won't be able to use the features that use the Internet on our TVs. Don't know how that will go with the missus...
Damn, can't beleive Bell screwed this up!
Bestman

Bestman

OK, so I tried the reset...
Immediately following the reset, my router was able to connect in PPPoE, and the connection stuck instead of being kicked out after a few seconds as before. I was able to browse the Internet using my router. Woo hoo!
So, I then configured the TV portion on the Sagemcom (as Rigor_M said, I selected "WAN Ethernet" and DHCP in the Advanced settings).
From then on, I could watch TV but my router got disconnected! Note that I had NOT entered the PPPoE credentials on the Sagemcom.

I then tried the DMZ setting on the Sagemcom, and that doesn't seem to work either?!? I'm pretty sure I done things correctly... but am I doing something wrong, or is it another bug? Does someone have the DMZ currently working?

Thanks
Bestman

Bestman

Forget about my saying that DMZ doesn't work. It's working fine now with BitTorrent...
I guess that'll be enough for me.
rampagerampa
join:2013-02-05

rampagerampa

I have the sagemcom also with the latest firmware 6740S. It was replacing an older modem but the port forwarding is definitely broken. I use a router behind it and when I set the router as dmz and/or forward all the ports like I used to on my old sagecom it does not work at all. This thing is a piece of junk and suddenly bell wont 'support' port forwarding? very convenient.

I have my modem set as 192.168.2.1 and the router wan port set as 192.168.2.10 and then my router gateway is 192.168.1.1 and all the clients are 192.168.1.x.

This worked fine for years with my old sagemcom modem which I will be keeping.

Anyone have similar issues?
Bestman
Quebec, QC

Bestman

said by rampagerampa:

I have the sagemcom also with the latest firmware 6740S. It was replacing an older modem but the port forwarding is definitely broken. I use a router behind it and when I set the router as dmz and/or forward all the ports like I used to on my old sagecom it does not work at all. This thing is a piece of junk and suddenly bell wont 'support' port forwarding? very convenient.

I have my modem set as 192.168.2.1 and the router wan port set as 192.168.2.10 and then my router gateway is 192.168.1.1 and all the clients are 192.168.1.x.

This worked fine for years with my old sagemcom modem which I will be keeping.

Anyone have similar issues?

Hmm... Your setup looks a lot like mine, and it works correctly.
If I recall correctly, though, I could not set my router on the DMZ if I made a DHCP reservation for my router. The IP address I set in the DMZ would always be reset to nothing. Weird bug, but oh well... It works now, and I suppose (hope) the Sagemcom won't change my router's DHCP address since it's the only client apart from the set top boxes.
rampagerampa

1 edit

rampagerampa

So do you have your router reserved? or set as DMZ? I have pretty much tried ever different combination without much success.
Do you have DHCP enabled on the modem?

If I point a browser to my IP also I get the modem log in, which I really do not like to see available to the rest of the world.
Bestman
Quebec, QC

Bestman

No, I do NOT have my router reserved on the Sagemcom. For some obscure reason I could not get it working when it was reserved. But it is set as DMZ.
I have DHCP enabled on my modem.
If I point a browser to my IP, I can communicate with my router if I enable the remote config option, so all is as I expect. Note that to test this, you need to be on an external network (my cell for example).
Hope this helps
rampagerampa

1 edit

rampagerampa

Interesting. I get my modem login. I used to get the router log in which I disabled but with this new sagemcom all bets are off. It will not forward at all using dmz or ports or anything. I am just going to switch back to my old modem with old firmware and give this new one two thumbs down. Thanks for info tho.

Just went back to my old sagemcom and checked and it's set up the exact same way as the new one and the port forwarding works fine on the old one, so I think the new firmware is garbage on the 2864.
sunnyd71
join:2004-05-22
l7z2t4

sunnyd71 to Lucid

to Lucid
Same problem with me and it seems if I let my router do the PPPOE connection my speed maxes out at 32 Mbps on my Fibe 50 but if I have the router set to DHCP mode it works.

maximeqc
join:2003-03-06
Quebec, QC

maximeqc to Lucid

to Lucid
Same issue here where I can't access ressources when within the LAN.

Bell doesn't seem in a rush to fix this

@bell.ca

Anon

There was a new firmware that started rolling out this week. Is there any change in this matter?