share rss forum feed

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
join:2002-03-30
Reading, PA
kudos:1

[OS X] Hopefully you guys can help

I currently have a Mac and we're going to be converting a user from Windows to Mac very shortly. But there is a bit of a snag. She uses publisher. Although she knows she can get away from it with using microsoft office for mac with the publishing layout view in word.

The snag comes in with current publisher docs she has saved. (And it's a lot.) How can she get those docs to be viewed and edited in Mac?
She converted one to PDF and that's all good. But now how could it be edited when changes need to be made?
--
Photoshop these nuts in your mouth.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

said by onebadmofo:

I currently have a Mac and we're going to be converting a user from Windows to Mac very shortly. But there is a bit of a snag. She uses publisher. Although she knows she can get away from it with using microsoft office for mac with the publishing layout view in word.

The snag comes in with current publisher docs she has saved. (And it's a lot.) How can she get those docs to be viewed and edited in Mac?
She converted one to PDF and that's all good. But now how could it be edited when changes need to be made?

Add in VMware Fusion and either spin up a small VM for windows so she can run her old tools in unity mode (seamless on the OSX desktop) or do a P2V of her old computer and run it inside the mac - again in unity mode
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

kerriskandie

join:2001-10-09
Coram, NY
reply to onebadmofo

She could also boot into Windows on the Mac, use Parallels or Fusion, to virtualize Windoze, or, like me run VirtualBox (free)............

mack1951
Universal Soldier

join:2000-04-18
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to onebadmofo

You can try the method used here »www.dummies.com/how-to/content/m···to-.html
Works but if complicated documents can be time consuming.
--
THE ROAD: Romans 3:23, 6:23, 5:8, 10:9

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
Reading, PA
reply to onebadmofo

Well we have Parallels. And I was trying to get away from doing it that way since that would be the only thing she would need it for. I'd like to keep it as Mac only as I could.
--

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
Reading, PA
reply to mack1951

said by mack1951:

You can try the method used here »www.dummies.com/how-to/content/m···to-.html
Works but if complicated documents can be time consuming.

I'll have her do this and then email it to me to see the outcome.
--

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
Reading, PA
reply to onebadmofo

I was bale to get this all sorted out. I opened up windows in parallels on my mac. I then opened the pub file and had to copy each page individually to a Word doc. I then copied that word doc page to a publisher layout view in Word for Mac. It was time consuming but I was working from home so I could actually focus on it.

thanks for the help guys.
--