spc
Search similar:

uniqs

f1rstclass
join:2005-05-04
Narrows, VA

f1rstclass

New Additional HD Channels???

Wondering if anyone has gotten any word or read, etc. on if/when SL will be upgrading their current HD lineup. I know around this time last year, they added some (I'm thinking it was also along with a rate increase) but since we are getting another rate increase, are we getting something to sort of offset that?

Just wondering if anyone had any info.

Thanks!
Texas16309
join:2005-04-18
Round Rock, TX

Texas16309

Have heard of anything in my area... But I would like Cooking HD, DYI HD, more premiums... But if when they do it'll probably be a regional roll out. SL can't seem to do massive channel roll outs like DirecTV or Dish can.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle to f1rstclass

Premium Member

to f1rstclass
Yeah, they do channels based on market. Also think it's hilarious that it's free hd but costs 6 bux to rent the box you have to have the watch the hd.....
Texas16309
join:2005-04-18
Round Rock, TX

Texas16309 to f1rstclass

to f1rstclass
DirecTV is about to launch Cooking Channel HD and TV Land HD. It would be nice if Suddenlink did too. When DirecTV does every provider in my area will have Cooking Channel HD but Suddenlink. That will make staying with them very difficult.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

how many providers do you have O.o

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal

Premium Member

Some parts of the Austin metro area have the choice of TWC, Suddenlink, AT&T U-Verse, and (of course) both satellite providers.

Grande Cable is also in a limited area of Austin proper, but doesn't overlap with Suddenlink.

f1rstclass
Narrows, VA

f1rstclass to Texas16309

to Texas16309
Yeah, I saw that as well.

While scrolling through last night, my TIVO alerted me that a channel change had occured.

Looks like that Universal HD is now part of my lineup. I see that it is still in the HD Expansion pack or whatever they call it.

Must be as a result of their recent contract with NBCUniversal.

Wish they would add DIY HD, Cooking HD, TV Land HD, MTV2HD, and CW HD. Those would really rock if they would....still, keeping fingers crossed.
mtrot
join:2006-03-26
Tyler, TX

mtrot to f1rstclass

to f1rstclass
NBA TV is the only channel I care about them adding, but they won't do it. Yes, I have requested it at least twice.
Jowmu
join:2009-05-04
Lubbock, TX

Jowmu

Lubbock recently added TV Land, C-span (whoopie!), MTV2, Hallmark Movies and SWRV in HD. I bet a few other Wes Texas markets got them also.

Anon89
@verizon.net

Anon89

Anon

Since Lubbock is a regional headend, a bunch of other towns that feed off that headend got them also.

f1rstclass
Narrows, VA

f1rstclass to Jowmu

to Jowmu
When was these added?
f1rstclass

f1rstclass to Anon89

to Anon89
Wonder how one would find out who feeds off whom

moldypickle
Premium Member