All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

Terabit

Least Competive Markets

Both the Canadian and American markets are the least competitive and most overpriced in the OECD.

Instead of the costs of the services coming down, they're actually increasing and providing less for it too.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

Canadians are more vicious and the pioneers of this stuff.

Our probably most evil telco, ATT, is a mere amateur to some of the stuff that occurs up north.

workablob
join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX

workablob to Terabit

to Terabit
said by Terabit:

Both the Canadian and American markets are the least competitive and most overpriced in the OECD.

Instead of the costs of the services coming down, they're actually increasing and providing less for it too.

Like if LCD monitor sizes kept getting smaller and the price kept going up.

Dave
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

Terabit to Mike

to Mike
Both markets suffer from a severe lack of competition, due to this hands off governmental approach in the markets. When you compare the market to Europe or even the Aussies, our services look like an absolute joke.

The Aussies are probably closest to the Canadians and their market and the options (services) available are blowing them out of the water; particularly as their nation wholesale NBN FTTH roll-out ramps up.
zygggy
join:2009-11-27
Meaford, ON

zygggy to workablob

to workablob
I may have been born at night...but it wasn't last night.

workablob
join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX

workablob

said by zygggy:

I may have been born at night...but it wasn't last night.

I came up with my saying because it seems to imply that I was born yesterday. Purely intentional

Dave

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to Terabit

Mod

to Terabit
I wouldn't say it's a hands off approach.

It's the who is paying for the hands of change.

Hint - it aint us