spc
uniqs
MrBubbaHyde
join:2010-02-25
Shavertown, PA

MrBubbaHyde to listonr12

to listonr12

Re: [DSL] Frontier Speed Issues at My Home

Ummm....Nope! How do I do that? Would change in a heartbeat!
MrBubbaHyde

MrBubbaHyde

Just did it prequal inconclusive....figures!
listonr12
join:2005-10-05
Terre Haute, IN

listonr12

Shucks that sucks! It is always worth a shot to reach out to one of their techs in their forum. Frontier just brought DSL to the area my parent's live in and I was able to order service for them through DSLx.

Frontier first told me that is was available at my parent's address, then that it wasn't. I wasn't satisfied with that, because their house is within three miles of the CO. I e-mailed the regional manager and he had a network engineer look into it. There was an error in their database.. imagine that. haha

I was once weary about being persistent when it came to ordering services, but that situation definitely changed that.

I hope Frontier can get your speeds lined out!
MrBubbaHyde
join:2010-02-25
Shavertown, PA

MrBubbaHyde

Me too. pulling my damn hair out...lol

Thanks for the help though, I am in direct communication with a local higher up,.(No Names)...he is extremely sympathetic, and has told me nothing short of its an infrastructure problem.

Had I known that when I signed up things may have been different. Now its just trying to get the most out of what I can.

Being my netflix sucks and at night is basically unwatchable, I am now in the process of doing the media server route, with plex, but the westell not being "N" is hurting that, as well as the limited range.
listonr12
join:2005-10-05
Terre Haute, IN

listonr12

That's good that they're in contact with you!

You could always get your own N router and put that 7500 in bridge mode.

Link to verizon instructions on changing to bridge mode

Westell Forum Post