join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

FlowRoute -- choosing DIDs

I have been looking at the customer portal for FlowRoute and (unless I missed something) choosing a DID seems to be harder than it needs to be. There is a drop-down menu that allows you to choose the area code and prefix, BUT it does not tell you the city that the prefix is local to!

For example, if I wanted a number that is local to Olympia, WA, I know that the area code is 360, but I don't know what prefix is local there.

It is quite possible that I missed something, but I really could not find an easy way to do this.

Also, do the DIDs come with incoming CNAM? I see where you can specify the outgoing CNAM (kudos to you guys for making that accessible in the customer portal), but I don't see any mention of incoming CNAM, or its cost.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

This suggests that Flowroute does not yet have inbound CNAM.

»support.flowroute.com/en ··· ing-cnam

crazyk4952
Premium Member
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer704:

Hmm. It seems odd that they would support outgoing CNAM, but not incoming.....
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to crazyk4952

Premium Member

to crazyk4952
said by crazyk4952:

I have been looking at the customer portal for FlowRoute and (unless I missed something) choosing a DID seems to be harder than it needs to be. There is a drop-down menu that allows you to choose the area code and prefix, BUT it does not tell you the city that the prefix is local to!

Just go here, plug in the area code, and leave the exchange box blank:
»www.telcodata.us/search- ··· e-detail

envisean
Premium Member
join:2009-06-23
Seattle, WA

envisean to crazyk4952

Premium Member

to crazyk4952
said by crazyk4952:

said by PX Eliezer704:

Hmm. It seems odd that they would support outgoing CNAM, but not incoming.....

We're definitely working on inbound CNAM on all of our DIDs! We have bi-directional CNAM enabled for certain ratecenters. Which area do you need CNAM lookups for?

crazyk4952
Premium Member
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952 to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

said by crazyk4952:

Thanks. I also use this site: »www.area-codes.com/. I was just trying to make the point that they could make it easier, from the customer perspective, to find a local DID. Some of these area codes have a dozen (or more) prefixes to choose from. It is a PITA to have to check each prefix until you find the one that you are looking for!

I know that Anveo, Callcentric, voip.ms, and Vitelity all make it easy to find a DID by city (I am sure most other voip companies do too). It just seemed that this was standard practice. Since they are going to be updating their site, maybe they can add this 'feature' in, too!
crazyk4952

crazyk4952 to envisean

Premium Member

to envisean
said by envisean:

We're definitely working on inbound CNAM on all of our DIDs! We have bi-directional CNAM enabled for certain ratecenters. Which area do you need CNAM lookups for?

Good to know. I wasn't looking at a specific ratecenter. I just wanted to know in general.

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev to envisean

Premium Member

to envisean
said by envisean:

We're definitely working on inbound CNAM on all of our DIDs! We have bi-directional CNAM enabled for certain ratecenters.

Feel free to PM me if you don't already have a solution for that. I'm responsible for the service provided at cnam.info and would be happy to see if we can work something out so you can provide inbound CNAM for all calls that touch your network, regardless of carrier.

envisean
Premium Member
join:2009-06-23
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

envisean to crazyk4952

Premium Member

to crazyk4952
said by crazyk4952:

said by PX Eliezer704:

said by crazyk4952:

Thanks. I also use this site: »www.area-codes.com/. I was just trying to make the point that they could make it easier, from the customer perspective, to find a local DID. Some of these area codes have a dozen (or more) prefixes to choose from. It is a PITA to have to check each prefix until you find the one that you are looking for!

I know that Anveo, Callcentric, voip.ms, and Vitelity all make it easy to find a DID by city (I am sure most other voip companies do too). It just seemed that this was standard practice. Since they are going to be updating their site, maybe they can add this 'feature' in, too!

Yeah, we completely agree over here. I've noted this w/ our dev team, and we will be working on something to make finding a DID a bit easier for people who want to look it up by city & state.
IPfaxer
join:2010-10-24

IPfaxer to crazyk4952

to crazyk4952
seems like they never kept improving their website and customer system or features, too bad as they have had a couple years or more now to do those basic things

that these have to be requested here on a public forum is sad