corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster to I_H8_Spam

Premium Member

to I_H8_Spam

Re: Abusable Oxycontin Pulled - Redux

I can't speak for elsewhere, but the major chains like Rexall in Ottawa stopped stocking OxyContin at store level a couple years ago, even before it was pulled from the shelves by Purdue.

They kept it warehoused off-site - the day or two delay in filling the prescriptions helped them weed out fraudulent ones, and not having it in inventory stops people from holding you up for it.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by corster:

I can't speak for elsewhere, but the major chains like Rexall in Ottawa stopped stocking OxyContin at store level a couple years ago, even before it was pulled from the shelves by Purdue.

They kept it warehoused off-site - the day or two delay in filling the prescriptions helped them weed out fraudulent ones, and not having it in inventory stops people from holding you up for it.

Same here in Sudbury, but it was all of the pharmacies...there were some pretty brazen and high profile hold-ups so they went to this system.....

It really cut down on the amount of pharmacies being robbed, they didn't even care about the money, they went for the drugs....take away that supply and well, they go back to easy sources of money, which a pharmacy is not one of because they deal with typically electronic billing for drugs so probably don't have a substantial amount of cash in the till.....

I don't know what the solution is on this one...but that's why OxyNeo was fulfilled in the first place because the patent was running out on OxyContin...

Anywho, that's big business...what are you going to do.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

FiReSTaRT to corster

Premium Member

to corster
said by corster:

I'm glad I didn't go to them when I was involved in a car accident a few years back. Day or two lol In any case I had pisspoor service from Rexall pharmacists in general and the opposite from Shopper's. Guess who gets my business now. (in all honesty, not a lot of business, thank God, but I'll become a fogey eventually )