spc
uniqs
tbb73
join:2008-09-24
Apollo Beach, FL

tbb73 to Frank_IT

to Frank_IT

Re: [Internet] Fibe 175 slow when in bridge mode

Yes it does since I can easily get that speed when in DHCP mode or connected directly on the ONT. But then, my TV doesn't work!

Marshalanon
@74.198.164.x

Marshalanon

Anon

You are able to connect direct on the ont ??
tbb73
Apollo Beach, FL

tbb73

Yep, Used VLAN ID 35 and faked the Sagemcom MAC address and you're good to go
urbang33k
join:2010-02-13
Canada

urbang33k

sounds like you have a pretty nice router. fyi the sagemcom's TV session authenticates via DHCP on vlan 36.

I dont know what kind of router you have... but could you go ONT -> your router -> sagemcom -> set top boxes?

so allow the sagemcom to have wan access on vlan36 through your cpe router?

Is that possible?
tbb73
Apollo Beach, FL

tbb73

The problem is they only allowed one MAC address and it has to be the one from your sagemcom... Also, they do fancy stuff with DNS and routing for the TV. I did some reverse engineering it the past and almost got the TV completely working without the sagecom put I gave up and couldn't figure everything they do...

But you got me thinking... I'll let you know if I figure something

Thanks

Rigor_M
join:2010-09-26
Quebec, QC

Rigor_M

said by tbb73:

The problem is they only allowed one MAC address and it has to be the one from your sagemcom... Also, they do fancy stuff with DNS and routing for the TV. I did some reverse engineering it the past and almost got the TV completely working without the sagecom put I gave up and couldn't figure everything they do...

But you got me thinking... I'll let you know if I figure something

Thanks

I guess that alot of us would be excited if we could get internet+TV working with our personal routers (even if we need to hack the heck out of our routers to get the thing working)

If you do get it to work(Internet+TV & apps), please let us know!
zoid
join:2012-09-05

zoid to tbb73

to tbb73
It is possible to be connected directly to ONT and still have TV.

What i did on Tomato:

ONT - Myrouter - Sagemcom - TV

So my router is connected to ONT and the Sagemcom is connected to my router on port 1.

To do this my WAN and my port 1 of my router share VLAN34 for iptv connection, VLAN36 for iptv stream and VLAN35 for apps.
zorxd
join:2010-02-05
Quebec, QC

zorxd

said by zoid:

It is possible to be connected directly to ONT and still have TV.

What i did on Tomato:

ONT - Myrouter - Sagemcom - TV

So my router is connected to ONT and the Sagemcom is connected to my router on port 1.

To do this my WAN and my port 1 of my router share VLAN34 for iptv connection, VLAN36 for iptv stream and VLAN35 for apps.

Could you give a little more details on your setup?
zoid

1 edit

zoid

Click for full size
In fact what my setup do is instead of having the my router connected to the sagemcom connected to the ont, my sagemcom is connected to my router connected to the ONT.

ONT(port1) connected to (WAN) MyRouter (port1) connected to (WAN) sagemcom (port1) connected to my PVR.

Instead of doing complicated things in my router for IPTV, the sagemcom is doing everything but after my own router.

I have only one tv, but because the sagemcom is still functionnal you can use the same tv setup.

In my router i run Tomato but any router supporting vlan 34-36 you're okay. So in my router i have:
-Original mac address of my router
- WAN and port1 tagged with VLAN34 VLAN35 VLAN36
- VLAN35 connected to bridge "Wan" with normal PPPoE setup
zorxd
join:2010-02-05
Quebec, QC

zorxd

Doesn't the sagemcom need to get an IP address by DHCP for TV? How does it not get an IP from your router?

Also I guess both your router and the sagemcom are doing PPPoE at the same time?
zorxd

zorxd

Oh I see, port1 + WAN are on the same bridge and VLAN.
I should try this, thanks.

But do you have twice the same MAC address (sagemcom WAN + router WAN)?
zoid

zoid

My router still have his own MAC. I didn't set the Sagemcom MAC in my router but it's still working.