Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to mikedz4

Re: [FiOS] Price cannot be divulged in writing!

said by mikedz4:

don't you have Comcast, suddenlink or atlantic broadband?

No, the only game in town is Frontier and their DSL service. TV is either DirecTV or DISH.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to Hank
said by Hank:

Maybe but doubtful. My sister lives in Tigard and she has FiOS, she has similar to complaints to what I read from others in her area.

I have had nearly zero issues with them. The biggest issues was about 3-5 days of bad routing when the final switchover from Verizon occurred; otherwise, rock solid on my 25/15 (which is actually 25/25) connection.

Is your sister going to switch to Comcast if she's unhappy with FiOS? Or is what she has "good enough" after all?

P.S. and remember that generally people only post their issues in forums like these, and rarely when they're happy with their service. If FiOS was all that bad, we'd be hearing about it A LOT more
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

Hank
Premium
Burlington, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
I have not discussed what her intentions are. That is her decision.

It is refreshing to see someone that is happy with their service. Particularly when it is 25/15.

I live in an area where Frontier is a monopoly and the service is substandard even for the 1.5Mbps 160 Kbps service. I say that while I set here watching my second line continuously go up and down, and the outstanding telephone service which cuts in and out. Oh, I shouldn't forget this is after they fixed all our problems here in our area. So I guess that because I have these issues and am do not get what I pay for I am just being a complainer. Did I mention the mis-routed 911 service? These are the things that happen when you have no competition.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
said by Hank:

So I guess that because I have these issues and am do not get what I pay for I am just being a complainer.

I don't recall labeling you as anything.

My comment "and remember that generally people only post their issues in forums like these, and rarely when they're happy with their service. If FiOS was all that bad, we'd be hearing about it A LOT more."

Was in response to this comment: "she has similar to complaints to what I read from others in her area."

There was no judgement in my statement, just a general observation about how "troubleshooting forums" such as this one typically operate. And since you don't have FiOS I could hardly be talking about you at all, could I? So why so defensive in your response to my post?
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

Hank
Premium
Burlington, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 edit
I didn't say you did. I was simply pointing out the differences in our area and how an organization, such a Frontier, operates when they are a monopoly. The thread was not about troubleshooting it was about how Frontier refuses to provide their verbal quotes in writing which is not unique to "FIOS" customers.

MPSAN

join:2001-05-15
Portland, OR
reply to oregonman
said by oregonman:

said by MPSAN:

.... Comcast keeps ringing my doorbell saying they can give me what Frontier gives me for a little less $$$, plus they include HBO and STARZ for the 2 years. ...

Could you let us know what Comcast is offering? I'm in the same situation - my Frontier contract is up next month and I have to decide whether to renew or go over to Comcast.

Well, I see that the package is $89.99 for year 1 and $20 more after that for year 2. It is the Comcast Triple Play and does include HD plus HBO and STARZ. Internet is 25/4. I know...4...but how much do you upload. I may keep FiOS as I was told my rate would stay the same BUT, someone adjusts my bill each month. I do not see why this can not be fixed.

OH, the Comcast rate is only being given when they knock at your door. However, you can call James to confirm at 503-330-3439. He is who rang my bell 2 times in the past year. The last time was a few weeks ago.

EdmondsFios

join:2010-09-02
Edmonds, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

reply to Pdxhz
I have the FIOS triple play Extreme package (the middle package with the everchanging name). I began service in October 1998.

TV is perfect. Internet is 24/24. Phone has been perfect. The cost, on an on-going basis, is about the same as Comcast with similar equipment. FIOS is by far the best communication service I have ever had. Starz, Cinemax, and Showtime are far cheaper with Frontier and the picture quality is fabulous. I do not now work or ever worked for a communication company.

Located 20 miles north of Seattle.

I have never received a written confirmation for my services but the quotes I received turned out to be accurate.

pdxhz

@frontiernet.net
said by EdmondsFios:

I have the FIOS triple play Extreme package (the middle package with the everchanging name). I began service in October 1998.

TV is perfect. Internet is 24/24. Phone has been perfect. The cost, on an on-going basis, is about the same as Comcast with similar equipment. FIOS is by far the best communication service I have ever had. Starz, Cinemax, and Showtime are far cheaper with Frontier and the picture quality is fabulous. I do not now work or ever worked for a communication company.

Located 20 miles north of Seattle.

I have never received a written confirmation for my services but the quotes I received turned out to be accurate.

Good for you, and glad to hear you had FIOS service since 1998, even before Verizon started offering it!

Thus far I've had 4 different quotes from four different CSR's, and just for the kicks (you can call it the Christmas present), Frontier issued a new Bill for me on-line indicating an ETF fee of $360, even though my contract term ends January 11th, and the Bill for that period was paid two weeks ago. Another call and found out that my last inquiry about price and "process of cancellation" caused that CSR to make a note and charge the fee. The lady was nice and indicated it was a mistake and I wished her a Merry Christmas.

I've had FIOS for more than 4 years and have been very pleased with quality of the service. Billing issues, another matter altogether.

To each his/her own, I guess.

oregonman

join:2012-02-14
Portland, OR
reply to MPSAN
said by MPSAN:

Well, I see that the package is $89.99 for year 1 and $20 more after that for year 2. It is the Comcast Triple Play and does include HD plus HBO and STARZ. Internet is 25/4. I know...4...but how much do you upload. I may keep FiOS as I was told my rate would stay the same BUT, someone adjusts my bill each month. I do not see why this can not be fixed.

OH, the Comcast rate is only being given when they knock at your door. However, you can call James to confirm at 503-330-3439. He is who rang my bell 2 times in the past year. The last time was a few weeks ago.

Wow, that seems pretty good - even the $109.99 rate. Do you know exactly which triple play package it is? If it includes HD, the HD Preferred XF Triple Play is the lowest priced package on their website that includes HD and it is listed as $119 per month. But that only includes HBO for three months. Are you sure that you would be getting HBO for the full two years at those rates? The HD Preferred Plus XF Triple Play includes HBO and that is $139.99 per month. So at $109.99, they would be offering you a discount of $30 per month over their published new customer rates for the second year and $50 for the first year. If so, that is a great deal. I like the FIOS product, but if I was offered a deal like that, I think I'd have to try Comcast for a few years.

One thing to watch out for is that on their website, the Comcast rates listed do not include a mandatory $7 monthly voice modem that is required for phone service. Which is pretty stupid, that they are advertising triple play prices that do not include working voice service unless you add $7 to the prices. But even if you add $7 to the rates you were quoted, it would still be a good deal.

MPSAN

join:2001-05-15
Portland, OR
said by oregonman:

said by MPSAN:

Wow, that seems pretty good - even the $109.99 rate. Do you know exactly which triple play package it is? If it includes HD, the HD Preferred XF Triple Play is the lowest priced package on their website that includes HD and it is listed as $119 per month. But that only includes HBO for three months. Are you sure that you would be getting HBO for the full two years at those rates? The HD Preferred Plus XF Triple Play includes HBO and that is $139.99 per month. So at $109.99, they would be offering you a discount of $30 per month over their published new customer rates for the second year and $50 for the first year. If so, that is a great deal. I like the FIOS product, but if I was offered a deal like that, I think I'd have to try Comcast for a few years.

One thing to watch out for is that on their website, the Comcast rates listed do not include a mandatory $7 monthly voice modem that is required for phone service. Which is pretty stupid, that they are advertising triple play prices that do not include working voice service unless you add $7 to the prices. But even if you add $7 to the rates you were quoted, it would still be a good deal.

Well, it DOES include HD and HBO and STARZ ARE included for the 2 year period. It did not include the cable cards I use for my TIVO's but is still a good deal. I suggest you call the person who rang my bell twice and ask him if you can get this as well. Not sure where you are located. This is HD Preferred Plus XF Triple Play and does say the HBO/STARZ is included for the term...as I said you can call James to confirm at 503-330-3439.

EdmondsFios

join:2010-09-02
Edmonds, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

reply to pdxhz
1998 should be 2008. I did not say I was intelligent.

Try contacting the person in charge for your state. Frontier does have people assigned to clean up your mess. Contact their executive offices. I would not put up with the crap you have.

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..
said by EdmondsFios:

1998 should be 2008. I did not say I was intelligent.

Try contacting the person in charge for your state. Frontier does have people assigned to clean up your mess. Contact their executive offices. I would not put up with the crap you have.

I would envy you a ton if you had FiOS in 1998. Many of us still had dial-up and were just starting to see DSL, Cable, Satellite Internet or Cell phone Internet for the first time