how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pparks1

join:2002-01-01
Westland, MI

Another Apology email

Received this email tonight. I think at this point, WOW probably owes customers a monetary refund for all of this trouble.

Dear WOW! Customer:

Since November 20, when I last contacted you about our service issues, we have resolved a number of problems with our new billing system. But the progress has been painfully slow as issues continue to crop up. Each new problem causes more customers to call in; as a result, you have to wait way too long when you call us for help of any kind.

I wanted to inform you that along with our current employees working overtime, we have added all the possible resources available, including the addition of 250 more agents who are in training as I write this to you. I wish I could give you a specific date when the WOW! experience you’re used to will be completely restored. But some of the problems with our new system are outside of our direct control. That makes it difficult to commit to a specific date.

This lapse is deeply embarrassing, for me and for the many dedicated WOW! employees who take such pride in serving you well.

Once again, I hope you’ll accept my deepest apologies for our current service levels. We know your time is precious, and the last thing you want to do is wait on the phone – your frustration is understandable. As we do everything in our power to get back on course, I will continue to update you on our progress.

Thank you for your continued patience, and for allowing WOW! to serve you.

Colleen Abdoulah
Chief Executive Officer and Chairwoman of the Board
WOW! Internet, Cable and Phone

PS: Many of you sent encouraging messages after my last email – your kindness and understanding mean more to us than I can say. We’re thankful that years spent building your trust and some goodwill matter. But we certainly do not take that trust for granted.

MrMonk

join:2012-11-28
Cleveland, OH
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

1 edit

I am just getting furious at this point. I recommended WOW! to plenty of people over the years, and had nothing but respect for them.

Despite on going video issues with HD, I stuck with them, because otherwise they have always been reliable and great support.

As much as I supported them, it took 2 months for me to actually consider Uverse. On that note, I have seen more Uverse trucks in my neighborhood the past week than in the past 2 years, either they are having an area issue that requires several techs out for a week, or a lot of my neighbors are switching from WOW!

I really think the worst thing they can do at this point is not give a monetary compensation. Upgrade their internet packages to like 4/20/40/60 and give every current customer a free upgrade. Or 6 months HBO or something.

I hear COX is atleast looking into expanding into my area, I am very close to where they stop serving, if they did, it would take me about 4 hours to switch. 20 min to get an order placed and 3hrs 40min to get through to WOW! to cancel.

adam1991

join:2012-06-16
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to pparks1

I just came here to start a thread on this letter, to find out you beat me to it.

I'm to the point where I want to know exactly what went wrong. I strongly suspect that WOW pulled a boneheaded move like firing everyone and outsourcing all of their phone support based on cost, and then getting exactly what they paid for--and now they're in the position of having to reinvent the wheel they destroyed.

Absent any solid information, I have to imagine the worst. I have to imagine that the venture capitalists that own WOW are trying directl to drive the ship without knowing anything about it.

I have to imagine that I will be looking to move to another provider.

Everything that's happened so far has done nothing but destroy, bit by bit, the many years of goodwill they've built up with me. And I don't trust WOW one bit at this point.

kpossible
Premium
join:2003-09-11
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to pparks1

I guess that it's okay as long as there are no problems with your services, or if there are, you can get an answer here. Otherwise, it's just a long wait.

What I don't get is "outside of our direct control." Why couldn't they possibly have control over what they're doing? It's like when a child does something wrong - really wrong - and then they say, "but... it's not my fault."

I also don't think that the second email was a good one or necessarily a good idea in general, especially one that basically has little hope for improvement.
--
My father always said, " There's a distinct difference between actually knowing it all and being a know-it-all."

MartIris

join:2012-12-07
Cleveland, OH
reply to pparks1

They do have control. Time to speak by changing ISP's.

clocks11

join:2002-05-06
reply to pparks1

I also got the email, but talk is cheap. They should offer something up. They can track everyone that has called (and sat on hold) by the phone numbers linked to the account. Offer them a $20 credit. Or like someone else suggested, bump speeds a bit. A speed bump would make them more competitive with other cable companies speeds anyway, and would have little to no cost for WOW.

AlexE4

join:2006-12-16
Park Ridge, IL

1 edit
reply to pparks1

Still have yet to get any of these emails... although I didn't really have that many problems and only had to call twice.. so I guess I shouldn't complain.

MrMonk

join:2012-11-28
Cleveland, OH

Mine were in Spam, even google knows it's crap.

slyphoxj

join:2002-06-23
Brook Park, OH
Reviews:
·magicjack.com
·Callcentric
·WOW Internet and..
reply to pparks1

I just got another email from Colleen Abdoulah saying that "we've resolved most of the problems with our new billing system" and that "we'll likely not keep you on hold for long."

Dear WOW! Customer:

Since my last message earlier this month, I’m relieved to report that we’ve resolved most of the problems with our new billing system. It has taken much longer than it should have, but we are well on our way. When you call us now, we’ll likely not keep you on hold for long. By mid-January, we hope to be completely back to delivering the great experience you expect from WOW!

Although things are looking up, that in no way changes the problems we’ve caused you in recent weeks. We’ll be working to regain your confidence in the months ahead.

On behalf of everyone at WOW!, I thank you for your patience and understanding. We are grateful for the privilege of serving you, and your goodwill means more to us than I can say. Warmest wishes to you and your family for a beautiful and blessed new year.

Sincerely,
Colleen Abdoulah
Chief Executive Officer and Chairwoman of the Board
WOW! Internet, Cable and Phone
Have the hold times really gotten reasonable for those of you that have called WOW in the past few days or so?

It would be nice if WOW would just automatically give everyone a $10 bill credit for a month or to or a free upgrade from Digital TV Basic to Digital TV Signature for a month or two just as a goodwill gesture.

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
reply to pparks1

Reposting an email that all WOW subscribers are getting isn't really going to do anything. We all got that email. Reposting it here is making us read it twice.

Jeremy W

join:2010-01-21

said by Body Count:

Reposting it here is making us read it twice.

Nobody made you read it again. It's here so people can discuss it.

jtl
Premium
join:2002-02-14
Arlington Heights, IL
reply to pparks1

I bought a cable modem and called WOW to have it provisioned last night around 5:00 pm CST.

After sitting through a voicemail speech by the CEO offering up her apologies again, I got through to Tech Support after a 5 minute wait. I was up and running in about 15 mins total.

I'm not sure that we should be jumping on the VCs all the time: I've worked with many venture capitalists and in general they leave the running of a company to its own board. I have no knowledge of the inner workings of the management team at WOW but it does seem they're not making the right decisions when scheduling and executing upgrades.

The new modem is humming beautifully and my speeds are right where they should be, so I've got that going for me.

pparks1

join:2002-01-01
Westland, MI
reply to pparks1

I called tonight to cancel Showtime and was on hold less than 6 minutes. Was off the phone in under 2 minutes with the rep on the phone. That seemed more like normal to me.