My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00 to lugnut

Premium Member

to lugnut

Re: Software on rented PCs can spy on you

said by lugnut :

Well considering that I've NEVER been stupid enough to do either my banking or my investing on my computer, ...

LOL!

Know what the biggest security risk is in today's world? Not understanding technology. I present the above-quoted statement as "Exhibit A" of a prime example.
Expand your moderator at work
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to Wolfie00

to Wolfie00

Re: Software on rented PCs can spy on you

said by Wolfie00:

Know what the biggest security risk is in today's world? Not understanding technology.

In that case I'm screwed.

On the other hand my family can't laugh at me anymore for putting electrical tape over any laptops lenses we get for all these years.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

On the other hand my family can't laugh at me anymore for putting electrical tape over any laptops lenses we get for all these years.

And we thank you for it. What the world does not need is any risk of seeing peterboro See Profile with no pants.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

Little chance of that as fortunately my head, including eyeballs, was installed at the opposite end of my body meaning my legs and gotchies would not be visible on a laptop cam.

That of course does not preclude the fact you may use a laptop in an unconventional means not replicated my myself.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro
said by peterboro:

While effective and foolproof there are ways to make sure it is disabled in software. For example if the driver is not installed, or the device is disabled in device manager.