pensioner
Premium Member
join:2005-02-20
Gulfport, MS

pensioner

Premium Member

[Chrome] no checkboxs in Chrome

Click for full size
Hi all, have gone back to using Chrome but have noticed that when I get dialogue boxes with check the box questions that Chrome doesn't show the checkbox while the boxes are shown with IE and Firefox. Get these types of check a box questions on challenges from my bank as to whether this is a private or public computer and on this tv site that I occasionally access. Is there a setting or something that I should have in my Chrome setup to make the checkbox show ? Thanks.

johnhayes
@pacbell.net

johnhayes

Anon

Looks like you may have an extension like an adblocker that is overactive.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer to pensioner

Premium Member

to pensioner
It seems to me that you want to install a toolbar to your Chrome browser. Looks like the toolbar works with IE and Firefox, but maybe not with Chrome.

You may be better off without it.
pensioner
Premium Member
join:2005-02-20
Gulfport, MS

pensioner

Premium Member

nah, no additional toolbars - may be dumb but not that dumb. After I posted I thought that the example and the X would lead to that conclusion. Should have used the bank, public or private question. But thanks for the cautionary advice anyhow.
And to johnhayes: I'll think ( an oxymoron ) I tested with and without the Adblocker Plus on and off but will check again. Thanks
pensioner

pensioner

Premium Member

just double checked, even with adblocker plus 'off' for the site, still no checkmark box.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer to pensioner

Premium Member

to pensioner
said by pensioner:

nah, no additional toolbars - may be dumb but not that dumb. After I posted I thought that the example and the X would lead to that conclusion. Should have used the bank, public or private question. But thanks for the cautionary advice anyhow.

I understand now. It sounds like if it is not adblocker plus, it is another extension you are using. Maybe you want to experiment and turn them off one-by-one.