how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kane Hart

join:2012-11-17
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed

Bye Rogers. 1 Month to find a New ISP In Barrie.

I would go for bell even though they charge to much for their 50/50 package and the $25 bandwidth its not to bad. I upload a lot of videos to youtube.

But since the highest we have in a large city like Barrie is 25/10 I would almost consider it though 25 is pretty low for my tastes and even though think most the cable 28 hopefully in the future they will get 35/3 and star would get I think 45/4 but not unlimited bandwidth.

So I guess this is the runners up unless anyone else knows another isp:
Distributel offers up to 28Mbit for $49.99 with NO cap
Acanac offers up to 28Mbit for $51.95(no term) with NO cap
Start Communications offers up to 32Mbit for $59.95 with 400GB cap

Any suggestions of other companies and yes willing go DSL if there is something worthy then let me know.

PS: I want a company that knows what their doing and respects people who know what their also doing. So I don't want nor will allow someone to come to my door or come into my house.

PS2: I hear you can get a cable package at your house ahead of time before rogers ends. I assume there should be no issues there? So if I got start next week I assume when my Rogers connection is terminated in 4 weeks the start will work and have been working just fine?

PS3: Is there way to say get 2 connections in the same house say Start and Distributel? Odd but just wondering.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

said by Kane Hart:

So I don't want nor will allow someone to come to my door or come into my house.

You can take DSL off your list, then.

Samgee

join:2010-08-02
canada
kudos:2
reply to Kane Hart

Acanac counts on you knowing what you're doing My install was seamless, I only needed the tech to come out to flag the line as TPIA. They did however knock on my door to ask if I was getting connected, but that was it.

When I first signed up, it was possible to have more than one connection active on a line at a time, however I believe Rogers has stopped allowing this. Your cancellation date must be on or before you new sign up date.

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to Kane Hart

What's the closest major intersection to you? DSL's a distance game, as you know...

Roger's is doing some upgrades in the area - so speeds are on the way up, but I have no idea what the timeline is like, or how high they plan to go... Until Rogers has the ability to do higher speeds, none of the TPIA providers will be able to, either.

No matter who you go with (cable or DSL) - they may, and likely will have to come to your demarc.

As for multiple connections - no technical reason why not... For Rogers, you used to have to trick them a little (123 Main St for one service, 123 Main St, Unit A for the other) - but it's been done before, for sure...

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

said by LazMan:

No matter who you go with (cable or DSL) - they may, and likely will have to come to your demarc.

Some Cable TPIA providers won't need a truck roll to be up and running, since he's got an active Rogers internet line right now. Each and every one should have a truck roll, though, to tag the line as TPIA. But that is typically outside (apartment buildings being the general exception), so the customer doesn't even need to be there for that.

Kane Hart

Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Kane Hart

I can't have DSL in my area really because the max speed is really low here and the providers seem to offer not as much up speed as bells 25/10.

I guess I need someone her fine but I don't want them to be coming and checking my setup and such. I'm never comfortable with that.

Kane Hart

reply to Kane Hart

So back to getting me Internet haha. Need suggestions