uniqs
share rss forum feed

WhosTheBosch

join:2009-12-02
reply to South_of_22

Re: High Speed 50/Optik 50 FAQs

said by South_of_22:

said by anhloc:

Confirmed that HS/Optik 50 plans will be reduced from 500GB to 400GB of usage come Feb 1, 2013.

I can live with 400gigs per month.

With Netflix being the biggest bandwidth hog in our house, we use 350gigs on average per month. Less in summer months for obvious reasons.

I forget who posted it, and which thread it was, but someone said that one of the Telus reps they spoke to on the phone said one of the reasons for the reduction of monthly usage caps was also due to people pirating.

I guess everyone with a Netflix account is a pirate in Telus, Shaws, Bells, Eastlinks etc etc. eyes.

-------------------------------------

Honestly, Telus should offer data packages on top of the caps.

$10 for every 100gigs. and not $2per gig in overage charges (if they ever enforce it)

It's funny you say that as what's gonna happen when Netflix increases the quality of their streams or starts offering 4k streaming? Just because it works for you now doesn't mean the 500gb you were promised when you signed up won't be important and shouldn't be honoured.

matt123

@telus.net

Well 400gb is much better then 250gb. But i guess the cap really does not matter much unless they start enforcing it.

South_of_22

join:2009-03-23

1 edit
reply to WhosTheBosch

said by WhosTheBosch:

It's funny you say that as what's gonna happen when Netflix increases the quality of their streams or starts offering 4k streaming? Just because it works for you now doesn't mean the 500gb you were promised when you signed up won't be important and shouldn't be honoured.

I honestly would like to see 1TB per month as part of the HS50/Optik50 plan.

But you know that would never happen.

What's the point of offering faster and faster connections when the ISP's neuter the amount of data one is allowed to use per month.

IMHO I think it is just collusion amongst Canadian ISP's to force customers into crappy TV packages and ISP provided streaming content.

It is just their way of getting back at the customers who look elsewhere for streaming content (Netflix)

yido12

@telus.net
reply to matt123

I can only speak for myself, But they've enforced the cap on me 3 times in 2010 and 2011, Cutting my Internet of for the remainder of the Month all 3 times. Ever since then I haven't heard a peep

I got it back online a half month in the 2nd time being as nice as I could on Customer service since most of the times i was only 10 or 15 or so GB past the 100 cap

JammerMan79
Premium,VIP
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC
kudos:10

said by yido12 :

I can only speak for myself, But they've enforced the cap on me 3 times in 2010 and 2011, Cutting my Internet of for the remainder of the Month all 3 times. Ever since then I haven't heard a peep

I got it back online a half month in the 2nd time being as nice as I could on Customer service since most of the times i was only 10 or 15 or so GB past the 100 cap

this has never been reported previously... I highly doubt it
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.