Kramer
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA
kudos:2
reply to Michail

Re: Sacrificing functionality for simplicity

said by Michail:

Now that I have a Lumia 920 I can definitely say the design concepts are fantastic on that form factor.

I got to play with a Asus RT tablet the other day and was quite impressed. What didn't impress me was the fact that the owner thought she had paid for something that would run all Windows software, when in fact it wouldn't. Microsoft has created a lot of confusion in name of unifying an interface among dissimilar platforms.

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
said by Kramer:

thought she had paid for something that would run all Windows software

Eventually, she'll be right when Store Apps are all apps. But indeed it is surprising that microsoft doesn't make it clear that RT means not the same as your other windows computer.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

RazzyW8

@rr.com
reply to Kramer
said by Kramer:

said by Michail:

Now that I have a Lumia 920 I can definitely say the design concepts are fantastic on that form factor.

I got to play with a Asus RT tablet the other day and was quite impressed. What didn't impress me was the fact that the owner thought she had paid for something that would run all Windows software, when in fact it wouldn't. Microsoft has created a lot of confusion in name of unifying an interface among dissimilar platforms.

»www.microsoftstore.com/store/mss···58447300

Should've gotten one of these. It was going for $399 on Black Friday. I almost wanted to pick it up but I decided against it as it's still new and I'd rather have the more expensive versions.