Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to xymox1

Re: High freq attentuator

I 'm still not a fan of adding anything to the mix. I try to minimize even the passive connections, and all potential reflection points. The less pieces in the puzzle, the less problem you tend to have.

An CS would probably be the best case for what you are looking to do. I don't agree with doing it, since I don't think you gain anything tangible. I also got stuck on notch filters when you said you wanted to only affect the 800MHz band. Same with using a step attenuator to bump the level up, I don't think you gain anything tangible. You're only really bumping the level up until it hits the step attenuator, then it is right back at the same level it was before that. Due to noise funneling the artificially increase level would only help if the ingress was coming from inside your house.

bbeesley
VIP
join:2003-08-07
Richardson, TX
kudos:5
said by odog:

I 'm still not a fan of adding anything to the mix. I try to minimize even the passive connections, and all potential reflection points. The less pieces in the puzzle, the less problem you tend to have.

This is one point on which we agree. The fewer connections and parts you can have in an RF network the better

odog
Cable Centric Vendor Biased
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by bbeesley:

said by odog:

This is one point on which we agree. The fewer connections and parts you can have in an RF network the better

Which is good, because we normally agree