Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to Skippy25

Premium Member

to Skippy25

Re: Good, restrict the calls

Mobile phones are pretty horrible. That is why I wish jammers were legal/licensable so restaurants and movie theaters could use them to keep these dumbasses quiet.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

If you have problems in a movie theater then you need to take those complaints up with the GMs and owners and tell them you want your money back toss those people out. It should not be up to the gov't to regulate something on private property such as that.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

1 recommendation

skeechan

Premium Member

Naw, I just keep my money and stay home.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine to skeechan

to skeechan
said by skeechan:

Mobile phones are pretty horrible. That is why I wish jammers were legal/licensable so restaurants and movie theaters could use them to keep these dumbasses quiet.

They are, aren't they? I would so buy or build one in a heartbeat but I am afraid of the $11,000 fine and losing my FCC licenses to boot. Not worth it. Damn wireless industry has the right lobbyists to protect their cash cow.
fifty nine

fifty nine to TBBroadband

to TBBroadband
said by TBBroadband:

If you have problems in a movie theater then you need to take those complaints up with the GMs and owners and tell them you want your money back toss those people out. It should not be up to the gov't to regulate something on private property such as that.

Haven't been to a theater in years, don't plan on going back if I'm paying for it. I do get free movies on the company dime from time to time (it is their product after all) but movie theaters are for the birds. Too many cell phones, rude people, dirty, sticky floors and cramped up seating.
meowmeow
join:2003-07-26
Helena, MT

meowmeow to skeechan

to skeechan
Dude, you're nuts. I REALLY want to be prevented from calling emergency services in a hostage situation. Shooting at a cinema in Colorado this summer. Enough said.
fenix_jn
join:2006-12-28
Miami, FL

fenix_jn to skeechan

to skeechan
What about emergencies? I am pretty sure the owner of such device would be in a lot of trouble if emergency services could not be contacted because they had their jammer running.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan to meowmeow

Premium Member

to meowmeow
LOL, yeah, we need to allow everyone to talk in the movie theater because of insane masked gunmen may show up and no one outside the theater doors hear the gunshots. Meanwhile you act as if the theater itself doesn't have a phone.
skeechan

skeechan to fenix_jn

Premium Member

to fenix_jn
What about them? Every one of these establishments has wireline phones. If there is an emergency, guess what...you can make a call.

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

1 edit

Morac

Unless of course there's an armed guy between you and the landline phone (assuming the guy didn't cut the line).

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

2 edits

skeechan

Premium Member

Assuming everyone in the lobby is deaf, the planets aligned, tides high and dogs and cats live together. Let's take our chances and all have a nice tall glass of STFU during the movie and make sure those Crayon eaters with zero consideration for anyone else are compelled to do the same. Better yet, let law abiding people CC as when seconds count, the police are just minutes away.
meowmeow
join:2003-07-26
Helena, MT

meowmeow to skeechan

to skeechan
When on earth did I say ANYTHING about allowing people to use their phone in a cinema? Ban it, absolutely. Don't jam it.

bear73
Metnav... Fly The Unfriendly Skies
Premium Member
join:2001-06-09
Derry, NH

bear73 to Morac

Premium Member

to Morac
You have just illustrated how people are too dependent on wireless technology. It seems anyone under age 30 can't seem to function without their wireless devices. Before the cellphones people would react for self-preservation and defend themselves instead of waiting for tech and public service to "save" them. And before this devolves into a gun debate I believe that there both needs to be rights to carry as well as stiff penalties when you do draw down on someone. The personal responsibility needs to be just as high as the potential risk/threat.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan to meowmeow

Premium Member

to meowmeow
No, jammit-damnit!

Morac
Cat god
Riverside, NJ

Morac to bear73

to bear73
What does one have to do with the other.

Before cell phones if an armed maniac was in your building and you didn't have a weapon (either prohibited by law as it is in many states or you simply didn't have one), you'd hide in a closet or something and hope he didn't find you.

With cell phones, while you are hiding you can call the police.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Yeah, police sure helped those people at the Batman screening. Leave the phone at home and take the S&W.

Morac
Cat god
Riverside, NJ

Morac

Depending on what state you live in, simply carrying that S&W could land you in prison for a few years

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Beats listening to people on the phone during a movie.
« Interference
This is a sub-selection from Good, restrict the calls