PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone

Re: Crysis 3 gets release date

I picked up a free copy of Cry3 for ordering a second copy of BF3 a while ago. Origin goofed up and put it on my own account automatically when I meant to gift it to my son-in-law. Their customer service was very nice and sorted out the snafu, so I was able to get Cry3 for myself, and gift BF3 to my SIL.

I've been waiting for a release date for a long time. This will probably prompt my Haswell rebuild for Cry3/Star Citizen.

TRU
join:2005-07-21
Michigan

1 edit

TRU

I can't wait for Crysis 3. I've been considering the purchase of a 680 to go along with my 3 1080p monitors. I want to hook them up for surround gaming. But I'm not sure how well a single 680 would handle Crysis 3 @ 5760x1080. My guess would be that it would probably be pretty rough.

My question is should I buy a 680 now? Or wait for the next refresh(whenever that may be), probably having to postpone surround Crysis 3?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Most definitely wait, and consider an AMD over Nvidia, as AMD will scale better at that resolution--but reserve judgement until the Radeon 8000 series comes out (if you can wait until Q2 '13). Otherwise consider (IMO) two 7950s.

TRU
join:2005-07-21
Michigan

TRU

I've really enjoyed having an Nvidia GPU. Nvidia has some features that I like that AMD doesn't including Physx and CUDA. So I think I'd like to stay Nvidia. Although I've also heard the same thing about AMD GPU's being very good in regards to resolution scalability. The gap use to be pretty big when it came to higher resolutions between the two companies. But from what I've heard, I guess Nvidia has greatly improved their 'surround' feature. And that multi-monitor gaming has improved leaps and bounds better than it use to be for Nvidia.

This isn't to say that I wouldn't even consider AMD because I would. I just feel more comfortable with Nvidia and their drivers compared to AMD's.