how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

vag16v

join:2001-07-27
hereandthere

[ON] Shaw Home Phone question

I've noticed whenever I talk to anyone who has Shaw home phone service, that the conversation really seems as if its half duplex per se.
I call from a regular landline and carrying on a conversation is really quite irritating.
I've proved it more than a few times where my called party is speaking away, and I can literally yell and they don't hear anything until they're done talking...that definitely not a full duplex conversation as any plain old land line telephone is.
I mentioned it to a Shaw tech support person while dealing with an internet issue and he mentioned he had never noticed until I brought it up. After discussing with him, he said he thinks he has noticed that now that I mentioned it and would bring it up with the home phone department.

So, after all that...does anyone else seem to notice this? I certainly wouldn't have expected that from a service that's supposed to be able to completely replace a traditional land line.

thoughts??

The E
Please allow me to retort
Premium
join:2002-05-26
Burnaby, BC

That definitely is not the case, or at least it shouldn't be.
I've had Shaw Home Phone since it was launched in Vancouver back in 05/06, and definitely have full duplex… my mother in law talks over me all the time! LOL

This seems like a glitch on the customer end, or possibly a regional issue with the Shaw service.
--
"All opinions stated by me are solely my views and do not reflect the views of my employer, this site, or even myself depending on my level of sanity at the moment"

vag16v

hereandthere
reply to vag16v

Ya, I kind of figured it would be ridiculous if that was indeed normal.
I've only called a couple people with home phone in my city (Thunder Bay) but I've really noticed it to each person...odd.

vag16v

hereandthere
reply to vag16v

Actually, oddly enough it was very much noticeable when calling from Shaw home phone service right to Shaw tech support. I had a rambling support person and I couldn't speak over him whatsoever as he didn't hear me.

The E
Please allow me to retort
Premium
join:2002-05-26
Burnaby, BC
reply to vag16v

Hmm, weird.

Do the folks on the other end notice this when talking to people other than yourself? If so, they should call Shaw to have the issue logged and checked on.

If one person reports it it could be dismissed as a customer premise issue. If multiple people call in then it's obvious Shaw needs to look a little deeper.

At any rate, it sounds annoying…. Hope the issue gets worked out!
--
"All opinions stated by me are solely my views and do not reflect the views of my employer, this site, or even myself depending on my level of sanity at the moment"