spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

Such Value

People who want to keep criticizing Google Fiber saying that no one wants a Gbps connection, and no one wants to pay $70 for internet, remember that 95% of people are not cord-cutting, and want TV.

$120 for every channel in the book and a ridiculously fast internet connection should terrify TWC. They wouldn't even offer you that at a promotional price now.

Yes, people vote with their wallets. And Google has given them every incentive to make the switch. And for the people who won't desire straight internet, TV is the great incentive.

No contracts, no expensive installation charges, the constant shuffling between promotional and contract pricing, the endless games and hoops to jump through, Google is avoiding all that. You don't think people will find that appealing? I sure as hell do.

As long as they develop a customer service presence, TWC should be absolutely terrified. And of the major cable operators, they're probably the best one overall in terms of TV offerings and uncapped broadband at the moment. Unless you're just dying for 100Mbps+ broadband (and it's capped), Comcast is largely inferior to TWC, IMO.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by Os:

As long as they develop a customer service presence, TWC should be absolutely terrified.

That is the key question, isn't it? Google has to be close to worst in the US of large companies in customer service. If, and that is a real big if, they actually deploy live human beings for cust service, instead of just their pathetic email/forum support, they will be a real threat. We will have to wait and see.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to Os

to Os
I liked my 50/15 when I was in a Comcast area. TWC doesn't have that. They don't have caps either, but Comcast never complained when I went over theirs. Nor have I gone over what Comcast's caps would be since I've moved to a TWC area.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

I know TWC was testing upstream channel bonding to get to 50/25 in NY and NC, I don't know if that's officially launched yet.

Xioden
Premium Member
join:2008-06-10
Monticello, NY

Xioden to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
The few times I've had to contact Google for help with various things I've gotten responses back within an hour or two.
JTR
join:2012-05-19
Westmont, IL
MikroTik CCR2004-1G-12S-2XS
Asus RT-AC86
Asus RT-AC68

JTR to Os

to Os
said by Os:

No contracts, no expensive installation charges, the constant shuffling between promotional and contract pricing, the endless games and hoops to jump through, Google is avoiding all that. You don't think people will find that appealing? I sure as hell do.

Google locks you into a contract, and if you don't want it, you have to pay install charges. So you're wrong on both points.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to Os

to Os
It hasn't.

I think all of Austin's plant is still 4x1 DS/US, so they couldn't do more than about 100/10 even if they wanted to.

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

Google has to be close to worst in the US of large companies in customer service.

Absolutely false. Time Warner is the bottom of the barrel.
dra6o0n
join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON

dra6o0n to FFH5

to FFH5
They'll hire some other company to do the customer service for them.
There.

LightS
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX

LightS to DataRiker

Premium Member

to DataRiker
Charter?