Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to jacko15

Premium Member

to jacko15

Re: [TWC] Time Warner Navigator

"Just wondering, will my Samsung box's ODN version always be the same as my SA 4250's version? Or does TWC push updates to a particular box, not to every "C" box in the area?"

I have never seen updates to individual makes or models of boxes. They have always done every ODN box.

Hob
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

I can report a small occasional bug with the SA-8300 HDC,

I have the remote set to control both the STB/TV on/off, through the Power Button. It's a TWC Synergy remote, one of the older ones from a few years ago, but it does have the Day +/- buttons.

Sometimes, after I am done watching a show that I have recorded and press Delete Show, the show deletes, but sometimes when I power off the box, like I'm done with TV for the night, the screen will pause instead of Power Off. Or the screen will go black for a second or two and than come back to the live channel being watched in Pause Mode. Hitting the power button a second time, turns off the TV/Cable box as it should.

The workaround that always works, is to wait about 20 to 30 seconds when coming out of playing back the recording of a show before powering off the box. (Whether you choose to Save or Delete a watched recording.) It seems like the playback portion of the DVR when a show is deleted, or stopped. needs several seconds to make the transition back to, "OK, you're done with the DVR and back to Live TV."

I think (but am not sure that my old SA-8300HD (no C) did the same thing from time to time.

Satch

jacko15
@rr.com

jacko15 to hobgoblin

Anon

to hobgoblin
Thanks Hob! That takes care of it for me. I'll just track my ODN version on my SA box.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

I did have that search slowdown a few days ago, which that patch before ODN 6.0 was supposed to fix. I don't have 6.0 yet, but I really hope that fixes the slowdown once and for all! Too many customers are confused by the slowdowns, and some people who may be elderly or have mobility impairments may not be able to get back to unplug the box for a cold reboot when this happens.

ODN 6.0 is supposed to be another speed boost and the cloud service preparation.

Satch