dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to HiVolt

Re: [Serious] Nurse who transferred prank call commits suicide

said by HiVolt:

Sad story and all, but the woman must have had other problems if this triggered suicide...

i was about to post the same thing...i heard the call played on the radio and didn't think it sounded legit, but it certainly wouldn't be something worthy of killing yourself over (is anything, really?)...it looks like she has 2 kids as well...not a very nice thing to do to your kids.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

said by dirtyjeffer:

said by HiVolt:

Sad story and all, but the woman must have had other problems if this triggered suicide...

i was about to post the same thing...i heard the call played on the radio and didn't think it sounded legit, but it certainly wouldn't be something worthy of killing yourself over (is anything, really?)...it looks like she has 2 kids as well...not a very nice thing to do to your kids.

Suicide is almost always about thinking you're actually making things better for your loved ones by not being around.

I can certainly understand the stress this poor lady was under. Afterall, she was the nurse on duty caring for a member of the Royal Family in the Royal Family's traditional hospital. She must have felt like she let the entire monarchy, and consequently the entire country, down.

Of course that is ridiculously extreme, but people suffering from depression or Bi-Polar or any sort of other mental health issues will take things to an extreme and allow emotions to override all rational thinking. Sort of like a teenager, but much worse.
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

»shaner38.blogspot.com/

Steve
I know your IP address
Consultant
join:2001-03-10
Yorba Linda, CA
kudos:5

said by shaner:

Suicide is almost always about thinking you're actually making things better for your loved ones by not being around.

This. It's very sad.

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

said by Steve:

said by shaner:

This. It's very sad.

However it is ironic because it never does. I have seen suicide called the ultimate selfish act because of how much it hurts those you leave behind.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.