uniqs
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

Good idea, except....

It runs on ClearWire. If it ran on Verizon's or even At&t's 4G network, I would consider it. ClearWire doesn't even offer service in my state.
NeoandGeo
join:2003-05-10
Harrison, TN

NeoandGeo

They don't offer service anywhere near me. Can't wait until something like this comes to the area, it would be what I chose. I no longer need a phone service. All I need is an IP address that has pricing like this.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to silbaco

to silbaco
...which is why the service runs on Clearwire. Clear WiMAX is less expensive, and more MVNO friendly, than anyone out there, mainly because they're trying to sell an older 4G network with limited metro-area coverage.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

RR Conductor to silbaco

Premium Member

to silbaco
Clear has a tower in Ukiah, about 10 miles south of me, but you can't get service with it, Clear has similar situations in Santa Rosa, Yuba City and Marysville, sites up and running, but nobody can use them. They are so called "Protection sites", meant only to keep their license active.
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

We have two of those sites too. Let's see how many ways they can spin a poor product into something useful. There's like 100 different CLEAR MVNOs now.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA

RR Conductor

Premium Member

Yeah, I think Clear either needs to get serious about their network, or just fold and sell out.
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

Their plan is to sell out to Sprint I think.