All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Bauwoo
join:2003-12-07

Bauwoo to Ikarasu

to Ikarasu

Re: [BC] TELUS High Speed Turbo 25 Usage being reduced 50%

LOL, read your TOS. Telus reps are going to fun with you.
Ikarasu
join:2004-01-09
Port Coquitlam, BC

Ikarasu

Doesn't really matter what TOS says, or tries to say.

When you signed the contract, you signed up for specific terms - AKA, how much bandwidth they supply you.

If they change it, and dont grandfather you... Legally in canada you can get out of the contract. They have the right to change the contract (The users dont) But the users have the right to cancel the contract if they do.

I've gotten out of a Telus cell contract from it, very easily. Back when Bell out east changed their bandwidth, a lot of people opted to quit their contract with them too. It's a consumer protection law, Telus would be fined VERY big if they refused to let anyone out of their contract after they changed the terms of the contract, it'd be illegal for them.

Thats not saying you can get a free xbox 360 on a 3 year term contract, then cancel because of this and not have to return the Xbox. I'm pretty sure whatever free gifts you got, you have to return. But... you wont have to pay an early termination fee.

iwonsowillyo
@telus.net

iwonsowillyo to Bauwoo

Anon

to Bauwoo
@bauwoo,,, .
You are another example of why corporations screw consumers so badly. When less informed people think a company can change the terms of the contract(+ user terms) without repercussions you end up with the Bhells/Rogers/Shaws of Canada breaking the law and paying a small fine for the crime.
contracts are mutually agreed terms that both parties 100% agree. When a contract is written that gives corporation 100% of the terms, then contract considered illegal as it most probably violates consumer protection laws. Rights can not be taken away by a contracts wording or legalize.
Is your job pay based only on commission that is below the minimum wage for all your hours? then you are slave, which is illegal.
All parts of contracts that violate laws are considered null and void which will lead to the entire contract being null and void in a fair court of law. Companies will put in wording that says the illegal parts of contract won't make the rest null and void and thats a crime which no executive will do the time.

Did you know that 'arbitration'(which many consider to be illegal in contracts when it is written in a way to ban any lawsuits of single or class action) is to be a moderator who both parties mutually agree on using. An Arbitrator though causes a financial hardship to the consumer and can make arbitration illegal under those conditions. An arbitrator 100% picked by the corporation is not legal, as like with certain lawyers not disclosing they are associated with ICBC, the arbitrator will be biased.
You have the right to sue and take people/corporations/governments/officers to court, no matter what.

Net Neutrality violation is what this reduction of GB's is. Lowering caps on traffic coming from outside of Telus networks is the basis of all lowering of caps. Telus is still number 1 in quality of service in Canada but lowering of caps is a profit grab for those major investors who did not like the stock profit payouts from the last couple quarters. Stock price wars from shareholders are very damaging to the Telus brand.

Bauwoo
join:2003-12-07

Bauwoo

Have fun with your legal fees.

sleepwithgov
@telus.net

sleepwithgov to iwonsowillyo

Anon

to iwonsowillyo
without repercussions you end up with the Bhells/Rogers/Shaws of Canada breaking the law and paying a small fine for the crime. All 14 customers pay there bill on time
I don't understand the process nor do I condone any type of isp's behavior but we all know dsl can't afford tech's half the time. This is fact they are kept around usually do to government subsity and if you see where I am going with this. The same problems come up. Not enough customer base , lines never upgraded, no fiber because customer base doesn't warrant it to be profitable no one is going to buy a 140 thousand dollar real of fiber just so you can play wow faster. Its not going to happen folks.

Myself I know that dsl is the way of the dodo bird and the government basically sleeps with the directors. Who Cares let cable golliaths with there private lines deal with and enormous profit margins like 30 grand a month? whats telus make like 300 bucks? Its tiring getting kicked off a network every 3-9 months and Im treated like dirt everywhere anyway and hated by the head techs because it causes " Pressure " ? Any way Its tough to be right all the time and have no influence on reality.